Walden Pond practice session last night

Lbeale

A beautiful night to be on the water. We had some successful rollers and almost-there-rollers. Still working on that reverse forward sweep roll - it is so humbling to keep blowing a roll but maybe I will master it at the Hudson River Greenland Paddlers Festival this weekend.

What is different this year than last year is the timing of the "off the water" call. In the past, the warden gave boaters 15 minutes or so to leave the parking lot. This year, it is literally 5 minutes to load your boat, get your gear and drive out of the parking lot. If you watched us leave last night, we did a good imitation of the keystone cops. I am not sure what the warden does if you do not leave at the desginated time but I do fear that they lock the entry gate and then you can't drive out.

If you plan to paddle Walden in the early evening - it is wise to be off the water closer to 7:15, the latest. When Bill asked the warden why we did not have more warning, he just chuckled.

Les

Edited by Lbeale