NSPN Solstice Paddle Level 2 Trip , Saturday June 22nd

PeterB

Solstice Paddle Level 2 Trip
Saturday, June 22nd
Beach Briefing 10:00
Launch 10:30
Meet at Riverhead Beach in Marblehead, 10:00 for beach briefing, and a 10:30 launch: we will initially meet, and probably launch with the L2+ group.

We will proceed to the mouth of Marblehead Harbor and , depending on the weather, group size and preferences , continue around Marblehead tip to Salem Harbor. Likely areas for lunch include beaches along Marblehead coast. L2 is for people who prefer to stay in the protected areas around Marblehead and Salem Harbors. Wet exit capability is required. Conditions for an NSPN L2 trip are summarized at http://www.nspn.org/paddle_levels.htm.

We'll return to Riverhead Beach by 3pm , to get our boats squared away and get changed for the grand potluck under the pavilion at Devereaux Beach. Devereaux beach is just across the road from Riverhead Beach.

Please post interest here, and PM either Peter Brady or Rob Hazard if you have questions about the trip.
Looking forward to seeing you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm considering attending, but will have to miss the potluck. I'm interested in the 2 or 2+, although I don't have a wet suit, so it may be best to stick closer to shore.

Brenda,

Whether going on the L2 or the L2+ paddle, some sort of immersion wear is required, meaning; some outfit that will reasonably protect you from the cold if you are in the water.. The ocean is still cold at this time of year!

if you have any questions, you can call me this morning at 627-877-5824

Peter

Brenda,

I think you waited to long for this disclosure. Had you posted this a week ago I'm sure there would have been loaners offered up. Many NSPN members are happy to share. I'm a medium male and use a large farmer John for comfort and a paddle jacket over after I go in the water. Its the evaporative cooling that usually gets you uncomfortable. If this shoe fits you're welcome to wear it!