ACA or BCU Trained Instructor Needed.

I am in the process of rebuilding my paddling skills and seek to purchase the serves of a local ACA or BCU trained instructor to assist me in perfecting the skills as outlined in the ACA Level 3 Coastal Kayaking Skills Assessment. This past weekend, I began the rebuilding process by training in Rhodes Island and now wish to establish a local practice setting and confirmation of my skills via a second option.

More specifically I seek the following;

1. Verify my current level of proficiency for each skill as outlined in the skills assessment.

2. Identify those needing work and demo the correct method.

3. For those skills where proficiency is not readily apparent, video tape your method or equivalent and my method for my later review. I have a suitable waterproof video camera.

I would like to suggest training at Rye Harbor and the areas outside the breakwater as appropriate.

I would like to also suggest a training period that might start with BOB at 9:00AM and end at 3:00PM with a break for lunch.

I have availability on the following days; May 10, 17, 18 or 24.

Please PM me if this sounds interesting to you, if questions arise, or if you would like to suggest changes to the dates, time or location. I am flexible with the plan but would like to accomplish my goals before the end of May. I can guarantee you will find me to be an enthusiastic learner. You can also e-mail me, wjosh51 at yahoo dot com.

Thank you for your help.

Warren

Hey Warren,

I believe we met a few years ago at John Carmody's. I'm an ACA instructor, and a BCU 4-star, and I work as a coach at Old Quarry in Stonington, ME.

I'm happy to help you out with this stuff, (though perhaps not quite so far south). We could set up a L3 skills assessment, or a day just to work on those skills if you'd like, either up in this direction, or maybe somewhere in between.

Drop me an email if you'd like to discuss. nathanielrhanson@gmail.com

Nate