ticks & peepers..yup it's spring..!!

spider

After a day working in the yard, I realized that the good weather might not hold so I was hot to go paddling for a couple of hrs on a local fresh waterway.

Just as I was heading for the car my wife said "what's that on your neck?"

Sure enough it was a tick.

Perhaps i should say it was a... friggin ##**++%% TICK.

(A "Tick Magnet" that what she calls me these days..seems about right)

So the correlation I want to pass on to others is...if you hear the spring peepers a peepin...then it's also time to watch out for ticks.

Seems like a pretty good "rule of thumb"

Paddlin was great ..light shirt and pants..awesome. Not to worry most the water was 2 or 3 ft deep. It's an area only accessible in the spring. I used to canoe it... on a hot day like today I dress "canoe style" if there is such a thing.

So if anybody is out there hitting the local ponds and marshes while the water is high and cleaner than later summertime, watch out for the ticks esp at the launch areas. Even on the MITA islands you'll find me hugging the shoreline, (and dressed more appropriately) no bush whacking for me till winter time unless I'm north of the -tick line- up in Quebec somewhere.

The birds are arriving daily and the peepers were almost deafening in their chorus..Just the way I like it !!

Edited by spider