NSPN Trip Planning Session for 2013 paddling season , Tuesday March12, REI, Reading, MA

PeterB

We would like to jump start the 2013 NSPN paddling season by having a club trip planning session on Tuesday March March 12th , 7:00 9:00 pm at REI in Reading

This is the date of our March Board of Directors meeting, This months meeting will be open to all NSPN members, and will be devoted to planning trips and getting them onto the calendar in advance of the 2013 paddling season.

Last year we had a trip planning session at our board meeting around this time and felt that this was a great success, resulting in a lot of trips on our calendar , so this year we'd like to build on this success by expanding this trip planning session to all NSPN members.

So, If you are a member who would like to initiate and post a trip at any time time during this year, you are welcome to come to the meeting. Our goal will be to review the calendar year, review such proposed trips as people bring to the meeting , and get them on the NSPN calendar.

If you wish to post a trip this year , please come with your proposed trip! ( charts or any other info about the trip if you would like to have them)

General information about your trip that will be helpful :

Date of trip

location and general float plan

the general nature of the trip (e.g. touring, camping, surfing etc)

trip level

If you have a trip planned but are unable to come to the meeting, please contact a board member or post here with your idea so that we may have your trip info at the meeting as well . or you can always post your trip on the calendar

Members can of course post trips at any time during the year without coming to this meeting! this is just to help coordinate trips so that we have some trips on the NSPN calendar in advance of the paddling season.

We're excited about getting out on the water together and look forward to seeing you.

If you have any questions, reply here or contact me or any board member by PM.

Peter,

Thank you for posting this thread! I am planning to attend. I sense there might be a need for novice level kayak camping trips and I would like to offer two or three such trips. Both Casco and Muscongus Bay are a short drive and have many great places for a one night "get away" to truly enjoy the beauty of Maine. Perhaps, I can also encourage my paddling buddy Pru to co-lead with me one or all trips planned.

Warren