Odiorne to Wallis Sands

Gcosloy

It was 30F when we met this morning. The day ended at 40F. Seas were flat, hardly any swell but some fun rock play perfect for beginners so I wasn't too disappointed. No surf at Wallis Sands but nice lunch with Cathy, Steve and Bill. Bill finished the day with his mandatory roll which I would not emulate but admire. Winter paddling reminds me of an Ingmar Bergman film; its different but as an acquired taste, ultimately enjoyable.

post-100097-0-68235000-1357767633_thumb.

It’s funny how you can get used to the warm weather almost every day in southeast Florida. One day last week it didn’t get above 70 degrees all day (felt like 60 degrees in the wind). I decided to cross train instead; pedaling instead of paddling. Ya think I’m turning into a wimp?

It’s funny how you can get used to the warm weather almost every day in southeast Florida. One day last week it didn’t get above 70 degrees all day (felt like 60 degrees in the wind). I decided to cross train instead; pedaling instead of paddling. Ya think I’m turning into a wimp?

Its all relative-the body anticipates the same temperature its been acclimated to. Any change is felt as being too warm or too cold independent of the actual thermometer. If it stays constantly in the 30's here in NE for a week or more a warmup in the 40's will be welcome. Conversely, a descent from a consistent 40F into 30F will cause many claims of feeling cold. I lived in Minnesota for a year and found the winters quite tolerable even when the mercury was below 0F at night and 10-15F during the day. The reason I believe was that the temperature rarely varied and one got used to it.