Looking for Nova Scotia Outfitter

cfolster

We will be up in Nova Scotia starting next week and may have some time to get out on the water. Can anyone recommend an outfitter for any of the following towns/areas:

Halifax, Gaspesie/Perce, Charlottetown, La Baie, Quebec City

We'd really like to kayak out to Perce rock, but would need to find the right outfitter and see if we have enough time for the trip and if the tides are right.

Thanks!

Cathy and Robert

When I think of Nova Scotia I think of Scot Cunningham, Sea Kayaking Nova Scotia. I think he spoke to Nspn at the Gould Barn a few years ago.

I see the link in the other replies is for coaching so I might be a bit confused if that is what you are looking for.

Perce Rock very nice, (You can walk out to it at low tide just in case you didn't know )....but if you're there, it is also really about going over to Bonaventure Island for the huge Gannet Colony,

Quebec City...depending when you go ....sometimes you see teams practicing for the winter crossing the St Lawrence amongst the ice floes race...wild and crazy

When I think of Nova Scotia I think of Scot Cunningham, Sea Kayaking Nova Scotia. I think he spoke to Nspn at the Gould Barn a few years ago.

I see the link in the other replies is for coaching so I might be a bit confused if that is what you are looking for.

I second the Scott Cunningham suggestion for Nova Scotia.

kate

Cathy:

Scott Cuningham literally wrote the book on kayaking Nova Scotia. He and his wife Gayle live in Tangiers, about an hour east of Halifax on the Eastern Shore. Scott runs tours as well as BCU and Canadian-equivilent training all over N.S., so they can provide info on places to go as well.

They run a small B&B along with their outfitting/guide/training business--Beth and I stayed there in 1999--which we'd recommend.

Scott