Launch Time: 10:30 am

Low Tide: 2:28 pm

High Tide: 8:27 am

Return by 4:30 pm

Expect sunny day with southwest wind at 10-15mph

Surf 1-2 feet with a 1 foot swell

I guestimate 12-14 miles L2-L3 at best

Trip tic to follow soon.

Bring a lunch to dine on Straitsmouth......

Please post interest below.

Doug

Lanes Cove to Rockport and Straitsmouth

Low Tide: 10:31 am

High Tide: 8:27 pm

Expext sunny day with south wind at 7mph

Surf 1-2 feet with a 1 foot swell

I guestimate 12-14 miles L2-L3 at best

Trip tic to follow soon.

Bring a lunch to dine on Straitsmouth......

Please post interest below.

Doug

Lanes Cove to Rockport and Straitsmouth

I trust this corresponds with the Saturday, June 30th, 2012 trip listed in the calendar.

I'm very interested, but I am also signed up to attend Friday's Moving Water Workshop. So I may be too sore and tired to paddle that far Saturday. I hope to see you at the put-in on Saturday, but don't wait for me if I don't show up. I'll be deciding based on how I feel Saturday morning.

I'm interested. I hope there'll be a rock gardening pod; Blaine told me to nibble and now I want to take a big bite!

Glad to hear you're psyched for more Cathy. Just keep in mind that the rocks sometimes like to bite back. But it's not the rocks that will get you -- it's that big wave you didn't see coming! Keep looking over your shoulder. Spoken from hard-won experience.

Blaine

Glad to hear you're psyched for more Cathy. Just keep in mind that the rocks sometimes like to bite back. But it's not the rocks that will get you -- it's that big wave you didn't see coming! Keep looking over your shoulder. Spoken from hard-won experience.

Blaine

Yes, be careful you all. My leg/hip is being operated on soon due to my surfing a SOT kayak into a partially submerged reef in FLA over 8 years ago! The three titanium screws are coming out and some fancy new hardware is going in.

I'm interested - but have to off the water earlier than 4:30. Will find someone to leave with early if need be.

pru

Pru, if worst comes to worse you can always tow me back early.

-- Leon

Doug,

Can you please confirm the meeting spot, is it Lanes Cove with directions as noted on the NSPN website? I am not familiar with the area, and want to be sure I get there on time so we can have a great day paddling :haha: .

Thanks,

Bob

Hey folks. I'll probably launch about an hour later to work on my sprint to wherever you are. Could some of you please monitor VHF 72 (I'll call for a location fix).

Have Wing - Will Travel (Quickly)

-- Leon

Doug,

Can you please confirm the meeting spot, is it Lanes Cove with directions as noted on the NSPN website? I am not familiar with the area, and want to be sure I get there on time so we can have a great day paddling :haha: .

Thanks,

Bob

Hey Bob, Here is a route to the Launch at Lanes Cove.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=5536640

Beach briefing promptly at 10:25

Launch at 10:30.

Leon, we will monitor ch72

See you in the morning

Doug