Hampton Beach Thursday

Big Jaguar Shark

Dustin,

I might be able to join you. Did you have a time in mind?

According to Magic Seaweed it looks the surf will be building in the late afternoon.

Blaine

Sorry -- misread the forecast. Looks like the peak is early in the day, diminishing through the afternoon to 3 feet. That sounds just about right to this out of shape surfer.

Blaine

From what I saw it looked like 6ft waves @ 6 seconds on Wednesday and then it would be tapering off on Thursday with a bit longer period. Hopefully that will make for better surfing.

Blaine, I've got the day off so I can get out there at just about any time that's good for you.

I have the day off too so anytime works for me.

Assuming we'd be launching from the Seabrook side of the bridge, it would be nice to paddle out on the ebb or slack and back on the flood. Low tide is 4:15pm. Magic Seaweed is showing wave heights at Hampton of 1.5 feet at noon, 3 feet at 6pm, so later will be better.

Blaine

Do you want to plan to be on the water at 5:00? Current won't be too bad going out but will be quick and bumpy on the way back in. Looks like it will be windy in the beginning of the day and calming down by the time we get out there.

Sure, 5:00 is good. And that time might make it possible for anyone else who's interested to join us.

I'll try to join you guys as well.

We should make this the official start of the weekly surf sessions.

I'll be ready to launch at 5:00

Doug

Swell: 3ft 8secs

Wind: 8mph

Breaking Wave Estimate: Shoulder High :surfing:

We should make this the official start of the weekly surf sessions.

Great -- it's about time!

FWIW, the forecast is a little different at Swell Info (http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/hampton-new-hampshire.html)

Sure hope this one is wrong! But thanks for the input Ed. Will have to let you know who to listen to -- Magic Seaweed or Swellinfo.

Bummer, I forgot about a 7PM appointment tonight.

Have a great time everyone. Surf cam shows perfectly clean waves breaking and will build all afternoon.

Sorry to miss this one.

If anyone is up for Surf Saturday, let me know.

Doug