Help (Drysuit)

rmpuma04

Hello everyone:

I am in the market to purchase a used Drysuit as I am having budget constrains at this time. Wonder if anyone would have an extra one in a decent shape size L. I am missing too many nice days on the water because of it. Thanks

Hello everyone:

I am in the market to purchase a used Drysuit as I am having budget constrains at this time. Wonder if any would have an extra one in a decent shape size L. I am missing too many nice days on the water because of it. Thanks

I have a Kotatat drysuit that I'd sell because I spend the cold months in a warm climate now. It's about 12 years old (was top of the line in its day), but only used about 20 times. It's an extra large (I think ... can't check right now because it's stored at a friend's house). It has the built-in booties.

Contact me via leondotgatverizondotnet.

I have a Kotatat drysuit that I'd sell because I spend the cold months in a warm climate now. It's about 12 years old (was top of the line in its day), but only used about 20 times. It's an extra large (I think ... can't check right now because it's stored at a friend's house). It has the built-in booties.

Contact me via leondotgatverizondotnet.

Oops, actually it's a large.

Water temperatures are currently rising. A few more weeks and a wet suit, much less expensive, and more comfortable should be adequate.

Tom

Tom have you used a drysuit that was fit to you? I tend to find them much more comfortable than a wetsuit, though you do have a point on price. I tend to go from my drysuit to shorts and T-shirts because the neo leaves me all sweaty. Different strokes I guess.

Phil

Tom have you used a drysuit that was fit to you? I tend to find them much more comfortable than a wetsuit, though you do have a point on price. I tend to go from my drysuit to shorts and T-shirts because the neo leaves me all sweaty. Different strokes I guess.

Phil

I started off with a wetsuit and since I purchased my dry suit I haven't ever gone back to the wetsuit. I think that my dry suit is the best item of kayak gear that I have purchased. (It's also outlasted just about everything else).

-Jason

The state with the highest rate of hypothermia cases is Florida.

Just sayin'

Deb M :roll:

Doesn't surprise me at all. It's a bizarro world down there. For example, many of the bicycle riders down there ride on the wrong side of the street and don't use helmets.

Hello everyone:

I am in the market to purchase a used Drysuit as I am having budget constrains at this time. Wonder if anyone would have an extra one in a decent shape size L. I am missing too many nice days on the water because of it. Thanks

My trusty protégé and training partner (Wonder Woman Lisa) was nice enough to take these pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/minitreks/20120430LeonsDrysuit?authuser=0&feat=directlink of my size large Kokatat drysuit. I don’t need it anymore. Anyone, have any interest in buying it?

Phil

Yes, my drysuit, a Palm is of the bargain variety and not fitted. It does the job well( I went out in February with a layer of fleece). Nothing is as comfortable as an August day in a floppy hat and swimsuit, but though my drysuit is more than adequate in the very cold conditions, my two experiences in my NRS Farmer John topped with a paddle jacket/jumper this spring worked well. In fact, I plan to wear the wet suit thru the summer. Even in "warm" water conditions on this coast, more than 30 minutes in the water will sap heat and energy. The wet suit is far less of a burden for me at least. I will reserve the dry suit for those winter days that I just MUST get out on the water. Plus, in spite of my increasingly rotund physique, the Mike Nelson (Sea Hunt) effect, inspires this old fart! LOL

Tom