interest in weekly early morning paddle on the Charles (Brighton-Boston)?

Phil Allen

Hi Folks-

Lorrie and I have been getting out on the Charles river (Magazine beach and Brighton ramp) a few mornings before work and I was wondering if there was interest to make this a regular event through the summer? A quick hour before work with a 2-4 mile paddle and maybe some stroke work? If you're interested, post here expressing your interest, which day of the week you'd prefer and what time works for you.

See you on the water.

Phil

Hi Phil & Lorrie,

I am definitely interested. Tend to go out Friday evenings on the Charles during the summer on my surf ski but an early morning paddle is just as fine. Teach Tuesday and Thursday but that ends by the second week in May. Would love to join you that second week in my surf ski.

Les

Hi Folks-

Lorrie and I have been getting out on the Charles river (Magazine beach and Brighton ramp) a few mornings before work and I was wondering if there was interest to make this a regular event through the summer? A quick hour before work with a 2-4 mile paddle and maybe some stroke work? If you're interested, post here expressing your interest, which day of the week you'd prefer and what time works for you.

See you on the water.

Phil

Would love to join you. Flexible on the day. ~ 7am would work best.

Barry.

Hi Folks-

See you on the water.

Phil

What does "before work" mean in terms of actual time?

pru

I tend to get to my classroom by 6:30 am, so any morning paddle would have to be from 5-6am (which is a wee bit early for most folks, myself included). I'd be up for an 'afternoon commute' paddle once a week though... say around 4 or 5?

~Chris

So to summarize, it sounds like there's a quorum for Thursday mornings? What time works for most folks? My schedule is flexible, but I realize not all are. Thinking maybe start this next Thursday, May 3rd?

Phil

OK, some have back channeled me with interest. Current plan for this Thursday May 3 is to meet at Magazine Beach, Cambridge and be ready to paddle by 7:30am. Current weather forecast is for cloudy and 50degrees at that time of morning. Water temps have been warmish, but still dress appropriately. We'll pick a direction based on conditions wind, and keep to the right side of the river to minimize issues with rowing shells and other traffic. I'll post this as a "trip" as well.

See you on the water

Phil

OK, some have back channeled me with interest. Current plan for this Thursday May 3 is to meet at Magazine Beach, Cambridge and be ready to paddle by 7:30am. Current weather forecast is for cloudy and 50degrees at that time of morning. Water temps have been warmish, but still dress appropriately. We'll pick a direction based on conditions wind, and keep to the right side of the river to minimize issues with rowing shells and other traffic. I'll post this as a "trip" as well.

See you on the water

Phil

Wish I could join you all, but 7:30, alas, is my arrival-at-work time. Maybe someday if I'm not working I'll be able to participate...

pru