Need Boats and Help for New to Sea Kayaking Workshop

alcoons

We already have 45 RSVPs for the Saturday, April 21st, New to Sea Kayaking Workshop! However, the L2 Training/Mentoring/Teaching is at the same time.

I would love an email if you can do any of the following:

1) Bring your boat(s) by. One of the most popular parts of the workshop is having a great variety of boats on the lawn so participants can compare them. Can you drop a boat or two off between 8:30 and 9:30 and pick it up around noon to 12:30?

2) And/or be available to answer questions from the participants during the question sessions and while they look at boats? Between 9:30 and noon would be great but come earlier if you wish. Caveat: There is always more that could be said about each topic. However, we are very pressed for time to present all the material. So please resist temptations to jump into the presentations.

3) Help Blaine Bjornstad with hospitality: greeting, tent, pick up food, flyers, etc.

Al

Are you implying that the QCC is a rec boat (evil laugh) ;-) ?

Wow. You have so many people signed up?

Now, I feel like I should help out.

I'll put this on my calendar.

I can bring 4 boats a sun shade shelter and two chairs.

I'd be willing to come with my QCC to give a little variety if you like. Do you have any use for a rec boat (even if it's to point out why they are not good for the ocean)?

-Lisa

I'd be willing to come with my QCC to give a little variety if you like. Do you have any use for a rec boat (even if it's to point out why they are not good for the ocean)?

-Lisa

Thanks for volunteering Lisa. Bring both the QCC and the rec boat (for just the reason you stated).

Al

Thanks for volunteering and bringing the 4 boats. Yes we presently have 45 signed up. By advertising in some Meet Ups we have increased the number of participants significantly. Of course some will not come at the last minute but that is expected.

There are plenty of chairs at the Barn. Blaine will be bringing the NSPN tent, so I am not sure about the shade shelter. Why not bring it and we will see if we need it.

Al

Could you send me your email address though this message board or to kayakclass @ verizon.net so I can keep you informed as part of the "leadership staff" for the workshop. Your expertise will be appreciated.

Al

We already have 45 RSVPs for the Saturday, April 21st, New to Sea Kayaking Workshop! However, the L2 Training/Mentoring/Teaching is at the same time.

I would love an email if you can do any of the following:

1) Bring your boat(s) by. One of the most popular parts of the workshop is having a great variety of boats on the lawn so participants can compare them. Can you drop a boat or two off between 8:30 and 9:30 and pick it up around noon to 12:30?

Hi Al,

I'll try to bring by two 'yaks.

Ern