CAPE NEDDICK to OGUNQUIT ME

Doug

Cape Neddick to Ogunquit Beach ME.

NEW DATE: Saturday August 13th

Please post interest here or contacty if you want to attend.

DATE: Saturday, August 13th... 10:45 am SHARP.

This is an L3 trip as there are not many safe areas to bail out. Rocky cliffs and shoals are numerous. Exposure to ocean swells.

Estimate 13+ miles in total.

Trip Tic: URL for this route is: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4590865

We will most likely hang at Ogunquit Beach for an hour on the south side (Small sandy beach) of the river mouth, not the beach itself, as the tide changes the beach terraine very quickly.

Low Tide in Cape Neddick 5:51 pm ... High Tide 11:45 am

Cape Neddick Campground will let us park and launch from their boat launch for a $5 launch/parking fee. Last time it was waived because we had dinner at the Lobster Pound but that is never a guarantee. Pay for parking in the campsite office. Ask for Jack. If you plan to eat there, tell him. He may waive the fee at that time.

Photos of last years trip: http://www.pixel8er.net/Other/Cape-Neddick-to-Ogunquit-Beach/13182211_8shvK#956673594_RKrrW

Doug

DATE: Sunday, August 7th... 10:45 am SHARP.

Cape Neddick Campground will let us park and launch from their boat launch for a $5 launch/parking fee. Last time it was waived because we had dinner at the Lobster Pound but that is never a guarantee. Pay for parking in the campsite office. Ask for Jack. If you plan to eat there, tell him. He may waive the fee at that time.

This sounds like fun! I'll plan to join you.

Based on the time I'll pack a lunch. Should I also tell my wife not to expect me home for dinner, because I'll be joining friends at the Pound?

-Bill

I'm planning to attend as well. Sounds like a good opportunity for photos! I'd like to see what the weather's doing before I commit fully.

Dustin

I agree Dustin.

If T-storms turn out to be a probability, we will move this to next week as there are not many bail out spots on this paddle.

Let's wait and see....

I have not been there before, but it looks like this Google link should get you very close. Google gives the address information as:

Cape Neddick Campgrounds

62 Shore Road Ext

Cape Neddick, ME 03902

(207) 363-4366

harbourview.com‎

Glenn & I will make the call by noon tomorrow.

Right now it looks 50/50 go or no.

If we cancel, we will do the trip next week weather permitting.

This is not an area to put ourselves with a of thunderstorms.

Also, if we cancel, we may paddle somewhere on the NH coast where there are bail out areas.

Thoughts of some surf play perhaps.

An added note:

We typically get off the water by 4:30-5:00 on this trip.

Doug

RE-SCHEDULED

because:

Showers early then scattered thunderstorms developing later in the day. High around 75F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Seas 4-5 feet which limits rock play in glass boats.

New Date:: Saturday, August 13th, 10:45 launch.

Right now the extended forecast shows Saturday the 13th as being the best of the 2 weekend days. Of course, that could change, so keep posted.

Tomorrow, Sunday August 7th.... for those interested in surf play.

A couple of us may play at Jenness Beach, NH tomorrow.

Metered parking.

Contact me by email if your interested to keep this thread active for next weeks Cape Neddick to Oqunquit trip.

Most likely we will be there around 12 noon or after the main bout of showers stops.

NEW DATE: Saturday August 13th

DATE: Saturday, August 13th... 10:45 am SHARP.

This is an L3 trip as there are not many safe areas to bail out. Rocky cliffs and shoals are numerous. Exposure to ocean swells.

Estimate 13+ miles in total.

Trip Tic: URL for this route is: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4590865

We will most likely hang at Ogunquit Beach for an hour on the south side (Small sandy beach) of the river mouth, not the beach itself, as the tide changes the beach terraine very quickly.

Low Tide in Cape Neddick 5:51 pm ... High Tide 11:45 am

Photos of last years trip: http://www.pixel8er.net/Other/Cape-Neddick-to-Ogunquit-Beach/13182211_8shvK#956673594_RKrrW

Doug

The weather and the sea conditions look really nice for Saturday and the water is still warm.

Below are some pics of the July trip. Conditions should be similar:

http://www.pixel8er.net/Other/NSK-Cape-Neddick-to-Ogunquit/18193574_F6cZNp#1398034473_Db2d9Cm

Doug