Walden Pond rolling/sculling practice/stupid kayak tricks

Lbeale

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make that four! - And I witnessed it! pru

Pru, are you sure you witnessed it? I've no doubt it was an AWESOME roll, but you MAY have been delirious after someone bonked you on the head with your paddle. :wacko:

Thanks to all of you, just having the opportunity to watch you all and learn from observing your boat handling skills has been really helpful to me. To say nothing of the actual help and great advice you have all provided. Thanks so much.

I have a feeling that the second, or possibly the third if I get lucky will be the trick. Thanks again, hopefully I'll see you all in a couple of weeks, I'm off to Maine for 10 days or so. :)

Pru, are you sure you witnessed it? I've no doubt it was an AWESOME roll, but you MAY have been delirious after someone bonked you on the head with your paddle. :wacko:

As delirious as I was after being assaulted (!) on the water, I was right next to Eric when he rolled over and up - and he can confirm it! My memory of the rest of the session is, however, quite blurry!

pru

Look forward to seeing you tonight, Gay. Water will be warmer. Are you bringing any of your cookies or baked goods? Or strawberry shortcake? I will always remember paddling with you one time and the strawberry shortcake you made--

Les

Unless the weather radar provides proof that the skies will be clear tonight... I think that with the impeding chance of thunderstorms tonight, I am going to pass on tonight's practice... :-(.

Without Les :notWorthy::1631: and with scary weather :emweather12::emweather15: attendance was certainly light on July 13th.

However, Eric and I both showed up as the rain stopped :emweather2: and the sun came out. The rule may be 3 to sea, but 2 worked out quite well for rolling :roll: practice.

I even figured out that I can do the Greenland Chest Scull :roll: with my Euro Paddle :yippie:, if I just skip the scull part ^_^ !

Hope to see more of you next week.

Will be there at Walden tomorrow around 5--if not earlier.

Please join us (a motely crew of NSPN kayakers) if you want to hang out, on or upside down in your kayak.

Les

Enjoy tomorrow night. I'm donating blood tomorrow and heed the warnings re: no exercise, no liquor. I learned the hard way a long time ago.

Hopefully, next week I can join you.

I finished the fiberglass repairs on my kayak and need to wet the decks again. I'll do the gelcoat later this fall.

Not 100% sure I will be there tonight... Depends on what time I get out of appt... If not, have fun, stay cool with these temps! I will definitely see you there next week!

I am hoping I can still make an appearance though...

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the Walden sessions. Sure, come when you can. People start to arrive around 5 and then paddle to the far side of the Pond. So if you don't see us when you arrive, paddle to the far side.

Les