Potential Yard Sale

Suz

Who has stuff to move around? Things like kayak gear, life jackets, paddles, boats, tents, camp kitchen? Any chance we could plan a big communal yard sale? One where everyone brings their stuff and sees if we can find good homes for things.

Need a good bunch of people who need things and need a bunch of people who have things they don't want. I have a big yard and live in Merrimac. I would be willing to have it at my house if anyone wants to do this too.

Dates are a bit limited but I could do it on Father's Day, Sunday, June 19 or possibly June 25. I wouldn't want to give up a whole day for it but would consider doing a late afternoon of about 3 - 6 pm on either of those dates.

Any other interest?

Suz

I would reconsider your plan Suz,

People traditionally attend yard sales in the morning; by afternoon on summer weekends they are more inclined to be burning meat on the grill or something else summery.

just a thought... Jon

I would reconsider your plan Suz,

People traditionally attend yard sales in the morning; by afternoon on summer weekends they are more inclined to be burning meat on the grill or something else summery.

just a thought... Jon

That is a thought. I was thinking that this one was for paddlers only who would paddle in the morning and be done by 2 and then meet up. Suppose a day time yard sale with an afternoon paddle would work too.

Another thought is the club could rent the barn in Topsfield and we can all go there and have the barn to use in case of rain.

How about doing it during the Solstice Paddle? More people to browse the goods.

That is a thought. I was thinking that this one was for paddlers only who would paddle in the morning and be done by 2 and then meet up. Suppose a day time yard sale with an afternoon paddle would work too.

Another thought is the club could rent the barn in Topsfield and we can all go there and have the barn to use in case of rain.

How about doing it during the Solstice Paddle? More people to browse the goods.

It was attempted the other year and didn't work out. Possibly during the new paddler works shop when the club rents the barn.

-Jason

<It was attempted the other year and didn't work out...>

Jason, Jason, Jason: this has not been "attempted", but <done> (and rather successfully) several times in the past, surely? I am all for a gear-swap/sale and shall try to attend.

We must all have surplus stuff to move on, as several others have written above.

<It was attempted the other year and didn't work out...>

Jason, Jason, Jason: this has not been "attempted", but <done> (and rather successfully) several times in the past, surely? I am all for a gear-swap/sale and shall try to attend.

We must all have surplus stuff to move on, as several others have written above.

What Jason meant was that the yard sale COMBO with the Solstice Paddle didn't work. I think it didn't work because people are bringing coolers of food and it is just too much trouble to gather up their stuff.

If there is enough interest to do this along with the SOlstice Paddle, I am all for it. I brought things last year and got rid of a few things. I don't remember anyone else bringing anything.

The yard sale is successful in the SPRING, not Fall.

Well, well: Lorrie is posting again -- she (they) must be back from wherever it is they were <at>...! Do we get a trip report, Madam? Was the return difficult, paddling against the Gulfstream current? No volcanic action around Iceland to terrorize you, en route?

:wacko:

Well, well: Lorrie is posting again -- she (they) must be back from wherever it is they were <at>...! Do we get a trip report, Madam? Was the return difficult, paddling against the Gulfstream current? No volcanic action around Iceland to terrorize you, en route?

:wacko:

Yes we are back from a very special trip to Wales. Phil just posted many pics on FB-will speak with him and see if we can't organize a coherent trip report to post. The only catch on the return trip aside from the paddle against the Gulfstream was a baggage glitch and unintended stopover in Montreal!