Tucks Point Sunday 5/3

bazzert

Tucks Point, Manchester MA

BIB 11:00am

Sun...N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft.

Mostly sunny; nice 69°F|51°F

High Tide 11:01am

Destination to be determined by conditions and group consensus. Could be the breakers by way of House and Baker islands, or north east to Norman's woe. Bring your helmets and drysuits.

Level 3

So far we have Peter, Gene, the Allens (?), the swearing ferret, who else ?

Barry.

Tucks Point, Manchester MA

BIB 11:00am

Sun...N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft.

Mostly sunny; nice 69°F|51°F

High Tide 11:01am

Destination to be determined by conditions and group consensus. Could be the breakers by way of House and Baker islands, or north east to Norman's woe. Bring your helmets and drysuits.

Level 3

So far we have Peter, Gene, the Allens (?), the swearing ferret, who else ?

Barry.

Latest forecast ...

Sun...NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the morning. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Mostly sunny; cool 54°F|40°F

It'll be bumpy but within tolerances. See you all tomorrow. Ernie, a car pool would be great (I'll buy the gas, or you can take my first born).

Barry.

....Having just returned from our CAM training refresher, we should be reminded that winds above 15 kt and/or waves above 2 ft each push this into Level 4 tolerances, or Level 3+

in the prevailing idiom. So tow ropes and spare paddles, as well drysuits de riguer.

....Having just returned from our CAM training refresher, we should be reminded that winds above 15 kt and/or waves above 2 ft each push this into Level 4 tolerances, or Level 3+

in the prevailing idiom. So tow ropes and spare paddles, as well drysuits de riguer.

The NOAA Graphical Coastal forecast for the area we intend to paddle in (couple of miles off the coast) is 1 to 3 foot seas 12k winds from NE with 15K gusts.

http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/sectors/boxMarineDay.php#tabs

I'm not keen about wind or gusts higher than 15K without establishing a float plan that contains a fair degree of lee ward paddling. I'll check the forecast in the AM and if conditions worsen will stay home, although actual conditions can be better or worse than forecast.

My optimism that my head cold (or is it tree pollen?) would've subsided by tonight was misplaced. So I'm sorry, but I'm going to try to sleep in tomorrow. PM to Barry too.

Ern