I just rejoined NSPN after several years of paddling with just my husband, and I'd like to introduce myself. My husband recently passed away (Don Perry--if anyone remembers him), so I am looking forward to getting back out on the ocean this year. Because of Don's illness, we never took the kayaks out of storage last year. I have an Impex Currituck that misses the ocean very much, as do I.

I'll thank everyone in advance for your patience because I'm sure I am very rusty at this point!

--Patricia

I just rejoined NSPN after several years of paddling with just my husband, and I'd like to introduce myself. My husband recently passed away (Don Perry--if anyone remembers him), so I am looking forward to getting back out on the ocean this year. Because of Don's illness, we never took the kayaks out of storage last year. I have an Impex Currituck that misses the ocean very much, as do I.

I'll thank everyone in advance for your patience because I'm sure I am very rusty at this point!

--Patricia

Of course I remember Don! What a great guy to paddle with, especially on epic trips on Vineyard Sound, where he was a master.

I had not heard that he was sick. My sincerest condolences on his death.

--David.

Hello Patricia,

I remember paddling with Don on several NSPN trips. He also helped me when I had my Epic paddle locked. He was very kind to me and he worked on trying to get it unstuck but, to no avail. I am sorry to hear of his death.

Don't worry about being rusty--most of us are rusty this time of year.

Les

I remember Don Perry from lake practice sessions, at Chebacco Lake and Mystic Lakes, around 2005 or 2006 . I'm very sorry for your loss. I would like to think that it would be a comfort for you to paddle again with us; welcome back. If youre feeling rusty, Chebacco Lake sessions would be a great place to ease back into things and perhaps see some familiar faces along with new ones.

--Patricia

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Welcome back to NSPN and to paddling. "Rusty" infers that you had skills ~ I am sure they'll come back in no time.

I'm looking forward to meeting you,