Kayak Storage at water's edge

brambor

Does anyone here utilize any kind of storage service at water's edge?

I was just thinking that it would be nice to be able to rent space at a local marina where I could launch my kayak without having to carry it on my roof racks.

But then, I looked at one marina's fees (geared towards yachties) and I realized it is cost prohibitive for the options I know of currently.

Does anyone here utilize any kind of storage service at water's edge?

I was just thinking that it would be nice to be able to rent space at a local marina where I could launch my kayak without having to carry it on my roof racks.

But then, I looked at one marina's fees (geared towards yachties) and I realized it is cost prohibitive for the options I know of currently.

If you live close to a place that you would want to go to, then ask them directly what they would charge.

I don't think I would want to as it limits the places you can go.

Hi Suz,

If you have more than 1 boat then it doesn't limit you that much. However I was more thinking about it for the winter paddling season.

If you live close to a place that you would want to go to, then ask them directly what they would charge.

I don't think I would want to as it limits the places you can go.

Hi Suz,

If you have more than 1 boat then it doesn't limit you that much. However I was more thinking about it for the winter paddling season.

I would think any marina would be more than happy to accommodate you as nothing much in the way of revenue goes on in the winter months. The downside is the "security" aspect is not usually there in the winter. Lock it up best you can.

Doug