Plum Island Sound

spider

Launched on the flood tide from Pavilion Beach Ipswich this morning.

Beautiful day and I was hopeful that with the cold temps and snow up north that there might be some eagles around. I was not disappointed and actually pleasantly surprised to see 2 adult Bald Eagles sitting side by side in one of the trees on the last point of land on the Sandy Point shore.

Actually was pretty close before I saw them so veered off over to the Middle Ground area so as not to pester them.

Nice that in all that area they choose to sit together.

Tried my luck last week up in Great Bay NH but saw no early arrivals yet, though they are expected most anytime now.

Just thought I would mention the sighting in case anyone might be interested.

Nice day to be on the water !

.....no ice in the sound but expect the rivers flowing into it to be icing over.

Launched on the flood tide from Pavilion Beach Ipswich this morning.

Beautiful day and I was hopeful that with the cold temps and snow up north that there might be some eagles around. I was not disappointed and actually pleasantly surprised to see 2 adult Bald Eagles sitting side by side in one of the trees on the last point of land on the Sandy Point shore.

Actually was pretty close before I saw them so veered off over to the Middle Ground area so as not to pester them.

Nice that in all that area they choose to sit together.

Tried my luck last week up in Great Bay NH but saw no early arrivals yet, though they are expected most anytime now.

Just thought I would mention the sighting in case anyone might be interested.

Nice day to be on the water !

.....no ice in the sound but expect the rivers flowing into it to be icing over.

Nice! I was sitting at my computer this morning...the window behind it looks out towards Lake Attitash. I spotted a lone adult bald eagle soaring over the lake. They are definitely back in our area.