Circumnavigate Gerrish/Cutts

Gcosloy

HT is noon. Meet at Kittery Wharf 10:30AM BIB 11:00AM paddle counter clockwise. Current NOAA forecast: 2' wave height, 15K wind from the West with gusts up to 20+. This is a Level 3 trip. Ocean side does have several beaches to bail out and at least half the trip is within the shelter of Chauncey Creek and the Rachel Carson preserve. Under 10 miles round trip unless we want to poke around the cove and harbor. Good day for the dry suit and warm gear.

If parking is a problem we can drop the boats off at the wharf and park a 1/4 mile up the road at the Mitchell school. I can provide shuttle service!

RSVP here if interested.

HT is noon. Meet at Kittery Wharf 10:30AM BIB 11:00AM paddle counter clockwise. Current NOAA forecast: 2' wave height, 15K wind from the West with gusts up to 20+. This is a Level 3 trip. Ocean side does have several beaches to bail out and at least half the trip is within the shelter of Chauncey Creek and the Rachel Carson preserve. Under 10 miles round trip unless we want to poke around the cove and harbor. Good day for the dry suit and warm gear.

If parking is a problem we can drop the boats off at the wharf and park a 1/4 mile up the road at the Mitchell school. I can provide shuttle service!

RSVP here if interested.

I'm very interested. Need to see if I can reschedule a dental apt. :-); will confirm a little later.

Barry.

Gosh, this is tempting, and Barry and I could carpool, too, but I really shouldn't be kayaking just yet.

I also just saw winds forecast picked up to 20-30kn from the west.

Have fun if you go.

Ern

Rescheduled to Sunday 10/24/2010

The general forecast is for small craft advisories through Saturday evening. While the Coastal forecast is not as severe it has been updated a bit to 3' waves and 19k wind and 20+ gusts. Given that we don't have any confirmed paddlers for tomorrow at this time save myself, I'm rescheduling this trip to Sunday: Forecast is benign. Meet at 12:30PM Kittery wharf, launch at 1:00PM. HT is 12:15PM There may be enough water to circumnavigate Gerrish/Cutts. If we want to be certain we can move the launch to Seapoint Beach (<10min. drive). Or paddle North up the coast to York Harbor. Or leave from the wharf and cross the Piscataqua over to Rye Rocks for guess what? RSVP here.

The general forecast is for small craft advisories through Saturday evening. While the Coastal forecast is not as severe it has been updated a bit to 3' waves and 19k wind and 20+ gusts. Given that we don't have any confirmed paddlers for tomorrow at this time save myself, I'm rescheduling this trip to Sunday: Forecast is benign. Meet at 12:30PM Kittery wharf, launch at 1:00PM. HT is 12:15PM There may be enough water to circumnavigate Gerrish/Cutts. If we want to be certain we can move the launch to Seapoint Beach (<10min. drive). Or paddle North up the coast to York Harbor. Or leave from the wharf and cross the Piscataqua over to Rye Rocks for guess what? RSVP here.

Hi Gene,

Reschedule makes sense, unfortunately I can't do sunday.

Barry.

Hi Gene,

I plan on attending. Will check later for updates.

Bob