Another Chebacco Lake season winds down

Rob Hazard

This past Thursday was the last Chebacco Lake Skills Session for the season. Thank you to everyone who showed up to participate, especially to our rain-or-shine paddler-in chief, Rick Crangle!

Congratulations to Bob Levine for executing a "real life" T-rescue under challenging conditions on the Isles of Shoals trip. It's gratifying to know that all that practice really does pay off! Good show, Bob!

So now we have a few months of cold weather paddling and pool sessions ahead before we start again in June.

See you on the water!

Rob

Thank you to everyone who showed up to participate, especially to our rain-or-shine paddler-in chief, Rick Crangle!

I rather think as a member it is I who should thank you and all those who helped you. After all, you'll devoted valuable time to help others become better paddlers. I cannot image a better advertisement for the value of these sessions and the experience of working with excellent paddlers than Bob's ability to perform what all who were there described as a timely and effective rescue in difficult circumstances. I don't doubt he was at the right place, at the right time, and with the right skills as a result of what he had been shown, taught, and practiced at these sessions.

Ed Lawson

This past Thursday was the last Chebacco Lake Skills Session for the season. Thank you to everyone who showed up to participate, especially to our rain-or-shine paddler-in chief, Rick Crangle!

Congratulations to Bob Levine for executing a "real life" T-rescue under challenging conditions on the Isles of Shoals trip. It's gratifying to know that all that practice really does pay off! Good show, Bob!

So now we have a few months of cold weather paddling and pool sessions ahead before we start again in June.

See you on the water!

Rob

Rob,

I want to second everything that Ed wrote. Because of you and Rick, Chebacco sessions have been superb. It is not only assisted and self rescues, but also demonstrations and tutorials on paddle finesse and boat control, rolling and bracing, equipment, discussions on handling conditions and surf, opportunities to try out other boats....the list goes on.....These sessions really elevate the skill level of participants, and they have been fun! Thanks again to you and Rick. Looking forward to the NSPN pool sessions.

Bob

I rather think as a member it is I who should thank you and all those who helped you.

Exactly. Thank you guys. Sorry I only made it to two. The good news is I got plenty of salt-water practicing in on my own. Looking forward to next year...

Rob

Bob did it yet again Sunday in similar conditions, see http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=7461

See you on the water!

Rob

Thanks guys, from me as well. I only wish I could have attended more than the two I did. One of these years I will learn to roll.

Bill