Paddling this weekend?

subaruguru

Anyone have trip ideas for this weekend? Both Saturday and Sunday appear clear and finally a bit crisper.

Kinda strong winds Saturday and besides I have to get home by 5 PM. But how does Lanes at 11:00 sound for Sunday?

Anyone have trip ideas for this weekend? Both Saturday and Sunday appear clear and finally a bit crisper.

Sunday is the better day. Saturday seas are higher and wind/gusts stronger. Sunday LT is 1:15PM Leave Odiorne at 11:00AM with the ebb and paddle South to Rye enjoy the rocks on the way and perhaps some surf off Rye Beach and return around 4:00PM with the flood. HT is around 7:00PM so a circumnavigation of Gerrish won't work this weekend. I'm open to other ideas too. Even Saturday perhaps in a more protected area.

I'll be at Lanes Sunday (tomorrow) at 11:00.

I'll be at Lanes Sunday (tomorrow) at 11:00.

G,L,

Lane's is a more likely bet for me as I may not have the travel time to get to Rye.

Will confirm later today. Winds are supposed to calm so we'll have many options.

Others want to join in?

Ern

G,L,

Lane's is a more likely bet for me as I may not have the travel time to get to Rye.

Will confirm later today. Winds are supposed to calm so we'll have many options.

Others want to join in?

Ern

While I think Odiorne is the superior trip not the least due to excellent planning on the part of the initiator I understand your concern about travel time. I too have travel time constraints and while Tuck's or Marblehead or Conomo Point or Pavilion are still doable. I need to remove Gloucester from consideration. The only tenable route from Maine is 95S and 133. It comes to 1.5 hr. Now if anyone is planning another circumnavigation of Cape Ann I will reconsider. How about another IOS before it gets too cold, perhaps Peter Brady will come and help us CAM wise. (Not a wise crack Peter, I'm serious.)

Anyone reading this thread: the trip from Odiorne tomorrow is canceled.

G,L,

Others want to join in?

Ern

Ern,

Interested in joining tomorrow.

Bob

Ern,

Interested in joining tomorrow.

Bob

Hi Bob, Katherine, Scott and Prudence,

Winds are forecast at 10-12 kn NE throughout the day. We'll meet at 11 AM at Lane's Cove and decide direction at briefing, unless Leon or I cancel in the morn...which is unlikely.

Ern

Hi Bob, Katherine, Scott and Prudence,

Winds are forecast at 10-12 kn NE throughout the day. We'll meet at 11 AM at Lane's Cove and decide direction at briefing, unless Leon or I cancel in the morn...which is unlikely.

Ern

Paddlers,

Forecast and live buoy data show NE winds at 13-14kn throughout the day. Leon and I agree that Trip is still on at Lane's Cove 11AM meetup. Initial expectation is that we'll probably head south along the coast towards the Annisquam River if windy. Beach briefing c. 11:30.

Ern

Paddlers,

Forecast and live buoy data show NE winds at 13-14kn throughout the day. Leon and I agree that Trip is still on at Lane's Cove 11AM meetup. Initial expectation is that we'll probably head south along the coast towards the Annisquam River if windy. Beach briefing c. 11:30.

Ern

See you there.

Bob

While I think Odiorne is the superior trip not the least due to excellent planning on the part of the initiator I understand your concern about travel time. I too have travel time constraints and while Tuck's or Marblehead or Conomo Point or Pavilion are still doable. I need to remove Gloucester from consideration. The only tenable route from Maine is 95S and 133. It comes to 1.5 hr. Now if anyone is planning another circumnavigation of Cape Ann I will reconsider. How about another IOS before it gets too cold, perhaps Peter Brady will come and help us CAM wise. (Not a wise crack Peter, I'm serious.)

Anyone reading this thread: the trip from Odiorne tomorrow is canceled.

Gene:

If you continued past 133 on 95 and take the rt. 97 exit and followl that to 128 it would be faster. That is the same route you would take to Manchester. It is not much farther to Gloucester from there than Tuck's.

Bill

I'm interested, the kayak is already loaded, see what the morning brings.

You're a week late.