hmmnn

rick stoehrer

i don't wannna ask a dumb question but i'm trying to post a trip for sunday and it tells me i don't have permission to post anything new there?

i can start new topics anywhere else...what's that mean?

On my screen, it says "unpaid" under your name on the left.

...and I can't go Sunday. :(

i don't wannna ask a dumb question but i'm trying to post a trip for sunday and it tells me i don't have permission to post anything new there?

I would also be in for next weekend.

Bob

Hi Rick,

I Paypalled several days ago, but STILL can't start threads nor send PM's, apparently until an "e-check" clears, so you might have to be patient too.

I hope to join in next weekend as well.

Ern

Hi Rick,

I Paypalled several days ago, but STILL can't start threads nor send PM's, apparently until an "e-check" clears, so you might have to be patient too.

I hope to join in next weekend as well.

Ern

Ern,

If you noticed Rick is listed as a "Paid Members" as he used the normal Paypal setup and they approve it as an instant transaction.

-Jason

Ern,

If you noticed Rick is listed as a "Paid Members" as he used the normal Paypal setup and they approve it as an instant transaction.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Think I paid via Paypal a WEEK ago by now, but still not listed as paid. Can you check?

Thanks.

Ern

Hi Jason,

Think I paid via Paypal a WEEK ago by now, but still not listed as paid. Can you check?

Thanks.

Ern

I think that our first E-check, I am watching it to see if it works.

This was the e-mail that we received from PayPal as to your payment

"

Hello North Shore Paddlers Network,

Ernest Meunier (E-mail-deleted) has sent you an eCheck payment of $15.00 USD.

It usually takes about 3-5 days for you to receive the money (estimated: 9/28/2010-9/30/2010). We recommend that you wait until the money arrives before shipping items. We'll email you when this eCheck payment has been deposited into your account.

"

The remainder of the e-mail with the transaction id's etc has been deleted.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

I don't know exactly when Paypal decides that one of its payments is immediate or "e-check", but I suppose it's triggered by whether there's a positive Paypal balance in the account or whether it has to use the funding debit or credit card. But since THAT"S immediate payment to Paypal too I don't understand the reason for the delay, as no "check" was mailed or sent that might require the decision for a "hold" period. Huh....

Not a big deal, but it'd be nice to be able to PM soon.

Thanks for your help.

Ern

Hi Jason,

I don't know exactly when Paypal decides that one of its payments is immediate or "e-check", but I suppose it's triggered by whether there's a positive Paypal balance in the account or whether it has to use the funding debit or credit card. But since THAT"S immediate payment to Paypal too I don't understand the reason for the delay, as no "check" was mailed or sent that might require the decision for a "hold" period. Huh....

Not a big deal, but it'd be nice to be able to PM soon.

Thanks for your help.

Ern

We just received this e-mail tonight:

"

Hello North Shore Paddlers Network,

This email confirms that the Pending eCheck you have received for $15.00 USD from (e-mail address deleted) has cleared.

"

And it seems that our old version of the IPB software doesn't instantly fix your status to paid, I will have to find out if the new version takes care of that.

I found this item that talks about the Paypal E-Check ( http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/ebp-buy-intro.html ) :

"

Bank Transfers

You may make a PayPal payment using funds from your bank account, simply by entering the information from the bottom of a cheque and completing PayPal's easy Confirm Your Bank Account process. Funds will be directly transferred from your bank account (chequing or savings). With an Instant Transfer, the money is instantly credited to the recipient's PayPal account. To use Instant Transfer, PayPal requires that you have a back up funding source registered, such as a credit card. If you do not have a back up funding source registered with PayPal, you can use an eCheck. With an eCheck, and the seller will be notified once the transfer clears (within 5-7 business days).

"

-Jason