Odd posting restriction?!

tyson

"You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text"

What is the point of this restriction? Cutting out non-context and responding in-line keeps context with comments and is completely consistent with generally accepted netiquette.

I've seen that there is no restriction on long posts, there is no restriction on needlessly including an entire long post as "context", and there is no restriction on improperly formatting context.

"You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text"

What is the point of this restriction? Cutting out non-context and responding in-line keeps context with comments and is completely consistent with generally accepted netiquette.

I've seen that there is no restriction on long posts, there is no restriction on needlessly including an entire long post as "context", and there is no restriction on improperly formatting context.

I am in NY today, I will look at the limit Friday and see about expanding it.

-Jason

Cool! Thanks! :)

Looking at this current setting it's limited to 10 quoted text blocks...

This is from the message board setting of this:

"

Max. Number Quotes Per Post

Use this to stop multiple quote embedding which can cause some browsers to hang or crash.

"

It sounds like we could be causing our users issues if we expand this. Do you really need to quote more than 10 blocks of text?

-Jason

Looking at this current setting it's limited to 10 quoted text blocks...

This is from the message board setting of this:

"

Max. Number Quotes Per Post

Use this to stop multiple quote embedding which can cause some browsers to hang or crash.

"

It sounds like we could be causing our users issues if we expand this. Do you really need to quote more than 10 blocks of text?

-Jason

...but it doesn't prevent multiple quotes, nor does it prevent nested quotes. Hasn't everyone upgraded to Firefox or Chrome by now anyway? ;-)

It is certainly possible to work around by using common email style indicators for context instead of mark-up tags. ...and it is unusual to have so many quote clips.

Ty