Squam Lake Saturday 9/25

bazzert

Brambor (Rene) and I are paddling from the Squam Lake Assoc Resources Center Saturday morning (10am) with our respective kids for a kayak camping trip. Only the group site on Bowman island was available which I have booked so we could accomodate up to another 8 people.

Barry.

yes. Come and join us. When is the last time a kid kicked you in the shinbone?

:D

Brambor (Rene) and I are paddling from the Squam Lake Assoc Resources Center Saturday morning (10am) with our respective kids for a kayak camping trip. Only the group site on Bowman island was available which I have booked so we could accomodate up to another 8 people.

Barry.

Barry.

I'd love to join you for the day only, if you'll have me, and I can get away. Estimated water temp ~60F.

Gary

Some more information for what should be a fun trip!

Map showing launch and Bowman Island.

Camping Information (Squam Lake Assoc.)

Butts in Boat time: 10am

Parking: You can drive to the launch to unload then back up to the main parking lot to park.

At a minimum we will paddle to Bowman, set up camp and then optionally take a paddle in the lake time and weather permitting. Camp fire wood can be purchased at the resources center. I plan to depart early on sunday morning (9am) as Ronan has soccer practice at noon. With enough people we could form a pod for a Sunday morning paddle depending on interest. There are privies on the island but no other infrastructure (tables, water etc.). There will be a small cost which is dependent on the number of people.

let me know if you are coming along.

Barry.

At a minimum we will paddle to Bowman, set up camp and then optionally take a paddle in the lake time and weather permitting.

In case you are not familiar with Squam, Rattlesnake and Squaw Coves (where there are public landing spots) are great gunkholing places and some neat stuff along the way from Bowman too. I suspect kids would enjoy them. Unfortunately, there are ugly, sharp granite rocks in very unlikely spots throughout Squam which my boat loves to find for me on every trip.

Ed Lawson

A correction! Gary pointed out that the launch is at the Squam Lake Association Resources Center. Route 3 in Holderness,NH

This map shows B (launch) and C (Bowman Island).

thanks Gary!

Barry.

Some more information for what should be a fun trip!

Map showing launch and Bowman Island.

Camping Information (Squam Lake Assoc.)

Butts in Boat time: 10am

Parking: You can drive to the launch to unload then back up to the main parking lot to park.

At a minimum we will paddle to Bowman, set up camp and then optionally take a paddle in the lake time and weather permitting. Camp fire wood can be purchased at the resources center. I plan to depart early on sunday morning (9am) as Ronan has soccer practice at noon. With enough people we could form a pod for a Sunday morning paddle depending on interest. There are privies on the island but no other infrastructure (tables, water etc.). There will be a small cost which is dependent on the number of people.

let me know if you are coming along.

Barry.