replacing wrist gaskets on Kokatat Tropos

brambor

My 12 year old son has grown out of the xsmall wrist gaskets on his Kokatat Tropos semi dry suit.

Is it possible to send the dry suit to Kokatat and have them replace it for a fee?

or

Should I come to the gaskets workshop on the 29th and try to get it done right there?

My 12 year old son has grown out of the xsmall wrist gaskets on his Kokatat Tropos semi dry suit.

Is it possible to send the dry suit to Kokatat and have them replace it for a fee?

or

Should I come to the gaskets workshop on the 29th and try to get it done right there?

I would give Kotatat a call, they are very helpful over the phone:

800-225-9749

-Jason

or

I will be showing people how to change gaskets but not changing everyone's. If you are not into DIY projects, then you would be best to send it to Kokatat for them to replace the gaskets.

Suz

Hi Suz,

I am definitely into DIY projects. I this case though I want to make sure I have good advice to do it right.

If I wanted to change the gaskets myself at the clinic would there be enough time and opportunity to do so ?

Will you have gasket sizes to purchase at the clinic ? I think I will need size small. His current size is xsmall (this is the child tropos suit)

Rene

I will be showing people how to change gaskets but not changing everyone's. If you are not into DIY projects, then you would be best to send it to Kokatat for them to replace the gaskets.

Suz

Hi Suz,

I am definitely into DIY projects. I this case though I want to make sure I have good advice to do it right.

If I wanted to change the gaskets myself at the clinic would there be enough time and opportunity to do so ?

Will you have gasket sizes to purchase at the clinic ? I think I will need size small. His current size is xsmall (this is the child tropos suit)

Rene

I don't sell to customers BUT there are many shops that do!

I will be SHOWING people how to do it by changing a neck gasket and a wrist gasket during the workshop. After having seen it done, you will feel comfortable doing it yourself.

I have size S and size L gaskets that you can see if the base fits the wrist material. I have never changed one on a child's suit but it wouldn't be any different than an adult suit. The only issue is if the base of the gaskets are all the same size. If they are NOT, then it would not be possible to put the larger gasket on.

After seeing your post, I had planned to call Kokatat to ask them if the bases are all the same size. Will do so today but not get to post back until Wed as I am traveling for 2 days.

Suz

Ok. Sounds good. 'Showing' works for me - I will do the 'Doing'.

I will need the S sized wrist gaskets. I will try to call Kokatat and see whether they can ship them to me in time for the workshop.

Rene

I don't sell to customers BUT there are many shops that do!

I will be SHOWING people how to do it by changing a neck gasket and a wrist gasket during the workshop. After having seen it done, you will feel comfortable doing it yourself.

I have size S and size L gaskets that you can see if the base fits the wrist material. I have never changed one on a child's suit but it wouldn't be any different than an adult suit. The only issue is if the base of the gaskets are all the same size. If they are NOT, then it would not be possible to put the larger gasket on.

After seeing your post, I had planned to call Kokatat to ask them if the bases are all the same size. Will do so today but not get to post back until Wed as I am traveling for 2 days.

Suz

I called Kokatat and I'm sending it in for them to get it done .

rb

Ok. Sounds good. 'Showing' works for me - I will do the 'Doing'.

I will need the S sized wrist gaskets. I will try to call Kokatat and see whether they can ship them to me in time for the workshop.

Rene