Popham Sunday (parking?)

tyson

Emilie and I are headed up to the Popham area tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to arrive there between 9:00 and 10:00. I'm not expected a lot for conditions, but we will be seeking what ever fun we can find. If interested, drop a message and leave a contact. We will have phone/web/email until we bag the phones to get on the water.

Question: Can we park and launch at the fort that is up the street from the beach?

Ty

Emilie and I are headed up to the Popham area tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to arrive there between 9:00 and 10:00. I'm not expected a lot for conditions, but we will be seeking what ever fun we can find. If interested, drop a message and leave a contact. We will have phone/web/email until we bag the phones to get on the water.

Question: Can we park and launch at the fort that is up the street from the beach?

Ty

Tyson,

That's a good spot to park and launch from. I've been up there a couple of times.

Have fun.

Timing is everything. Would have loved to come play, but was internet deprived up at Knubble bay.

I'm sure you were suffering terribly. :)

Find anything fun? Saturday at Reid (Just north) state park was pretty darn flat.

Though the surf wasn't big, the waves were reasonably well formed and Popham has some great contours to for making the best of them. So, yeah... it was definitely fun!

That was only my 2nd time at Popham and first with an appropriate boat. The zipper makes for some fun bounce. :D

We ended up parking at the beach/park on the SW corner. It was a VERY short carry from there to the low-mid tide stream and a short, shallow paddle out from there.

If I got any good pictures, I'll try to get them posted tonight.

Cheers!

Ty