Th 9/2 Cape Porpoise, Kennebunkport Maine

Shari G

No photos to share, but four of us had a fun day. Conditions relatively calm considering Hurricane Earl was predicted to head our way in 24- 48 hrs. seas 1-3 ft with SW winds 10- 15 most of day. Headed out from Goose Rocks Beach KPT, around Cape Porpoise Islands, then south along the coast (passing the infamous Walker Point/Bush Estate). Navigated up the Kennebunk River then returned via a similar route allowing a bit of island exploring (and hull scratching) around Cape Porpoise. Some swells and surf play for a couple of us. GPS route 15/16 miles. Great meeting everyone! Happy to do it again some time!!

Beautiful day on the water. The swells and offshore surf in this area are awesome. I being conservative with my shoulder didn't participate in the surf much but greatly enjoyed the splendid land/waterscape known as Cape Porpoise. The outdoor shower at the end of a warm warm day was greatly appreciated. Thanks for organizing Shari.

Yes, thank you very much for organizing and sharing your beach and amenities. I've been to Cape Porpoise twice but neither time did the outside of the islands. I was happy to meet two new people including a fellow nordy owner. Also spend time in the choppier water brought to us from offshore last week while we had it. A little more experience with what bigger swells do between the rocks, and what it is like crossing the break zone of larger-than-normal-for-here breakers. Two got me in Casco, but the unholy trinity off Cape Porpoise's mis-timed experiment didn't. I wish I had video but only have some photos of napping ducks. It looks like you have a decent surf spot just up from the last island of the Cape before your part of the beach. Shallows that produce waves with plenty of room before the shore.