Cape Porpoise Kennebunkport ME TH 9/2

Shari G

I am the trip initiator but not necessarily the leader. Gene C. will be joining me.

If you can escape to southern Maine, please meet us at Goose Rocks Beach, Kennebunkport at #219 Kings Highway at 10am.

From there we can head around the outside of Cape Porpoise islands/lighthouse and down the coast toward the Kennebunk River (entering or not). We will pass the Bush estate. We can circle back up the coast, and enter Cape Porpoise Harbor after LT and can explore the islands at our leisure/have lunch (also a lunch spot right in the harbor... haddock sandwiches and the like). Beyond that, we can head north of Goose Rocks Beach toward Biddeford, but I anticipate the swells and chop will be greater up that way.... we can see. mileage pending group decision; likely 10-12 miles.

I would prefer to keep things a L2+ or mellow L3.... at least for me. Others are free to rock play etc.

NOAA graphical marine forecast is showing 2' wave height west to sw, winds under 10 and gusts the same .

I am the trip initiator but not necessarily the leader. Gene C. will be joining me.

If you can escape to southern Maine, please meet us at Goose Rocks Beach, Kennebunkport at #219 Kings Highway at 10am.

From there we can head around the outside of Cape Porpoise islands/lighthouse and down the coast toward the Kennebunk River (entering or not). We will pass the Bush estate. We can circle back up the coast, and enter Cape Porpoise Harbor after LT and can explore the islands at our leisure/have lunch (also a lunch spot right in the harbor... haddock sandwiches and the like). Beyond that, we can head north of Goose Rocks Beach toward Biddeford, but I anticipate the swells and chop will be greater up that way.... we can see. mileage pending group decision; likely 10-12 miles.

I would prefer to keep things a L2+ or mellow L3.... at least for me. Others are free to rock play etc.

NOAA graphical marine forecast is showing 2' wave height west to sw, winds under 10 and gusts the same .

Afternoon forecast is up to 3' and wind and gusts as high as 15. Will need to watch this and hope that conditions don't deteriorate too quickly. Right now the heaviest conditions for the ME coast from Portland down to Portsmouth are for Friday evening.

Afternoon forecast is up to 3' and wind and gusts as high as 15. Will need to watch this and hope that conditions don't deteriorate too quickly. Right now the heaviest conditions for the ME coast from Portland down to Portsmouth are for Friday evening.

Sounds like a great trip (provided Earl doesn't speed up too much!). I can't make this Thursday but would be very interested if you are looking at other weekday day trips anywhere from Boston to Southern Maine.

Have a great trip.

I'm interested. Is 219 KHWY a home address? On Google Maps there is a shared drive but it isn't apparent whether this is public access/pkg.

OK, great. At this point in time I'll plan on going. I'm also thinking of hitting Hampton again today around 4 to play in the waves and bowl since high tide is 5:30 and the water temps are great, and the weather hot and sunny. If anyone is interested let me know 603 319 4107 as I'm doing stuff that has to be done and if in a groove I might skip it. I should take the opportunity while I have it, so if having company that would tilt favor towards fun instead of duty.

I'm bringing Topo maps of the area from Biddeford Pool down to Cape Porpoise. Not perfect for navigation but OK to identify landmarks and channels. Forecast hasn't changed much. Should be a pleasant day before Earl.

I'm bringing Topo maps of the area from Biddeford Pool down to Cape Porpoise. Not perfect for navigation but OK to identify landmarks and channels. Forecast hasn't changed much. Should be a pleasant day before Earl.

Great. We will see if things continue as predicted. The morning is definately calmer. If need be we can always circle back to goose rocks.... if very rough there is a sheltered alternative in biddeford on saco river into biddeford islands. 219 is white house on left of shared drive. 4 issues my cell is 781 718 8861