Women's Paddle update

Lbeale

Here is the forecast and tide for Sunday Lane's Cove put-in:

SUN...N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING E IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS

AROUND 2 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.

Annisquam, Lobster Cove, Massachusetts

2010-06-27 06:34 EDT -0.16 feet Low Tide

2010-06-27 12:55 EDT 8.60 feet High Tide

2010-06-27 18:35 EDT 1.02 feet Low Tide

BIB at 10:30. Remember, there will be a short beach briefing before we put our BIB at 10:30. Try to arrive no later than 10:00 am.

Given the winds and tide as stated above, head out towards Annisquam and then have the tides bring us back to the put-in. But of course, this plan will be adjusted based on final weather reports and what the group wants to do--

Just the initiator--not the leader--

This will be a blast--so prepare to have fun--

I will continue to watch forecast through Saturday night (I will be doing the full moon paddle) and will post any changes before 8:00 am Sunday.

Unless there is a major change in the weather pattern, this is my story and I am sticking to it--

Les

AKA Swearing Ferret

P.S. Any questions, please either post here or send me a private email.

How to reach Lane's Cove from northbound 128?

Copied from "Events & Planning" page:

Lanes Cove on Cape Ann is on the northwest side of the Cape, providing a starting point for exploring the Annisquam or rounding Halibut Point to get to Rockport and the Dry Salvages. Take Route 128 to the rotary at exit 11, from the rotary head up Route 127 (turn left at the circle), past Annisquam, the UMASS Marine Station and continue. 4.5 miles to Duley Street. Turn left and follow Duley Street 0.1 mile to cove; park anywhere that doesn't block the road. Launch from the head of the cove and then park either in the main lot or back up on the main road - walking distance varies with the tide.

I've started a little map which might be helpful: See here.

-Lisa (who probably can't come :-( )

Thanks Lisa--your company will be missed--

Yes, bring lunch --back at put-in will depend on the women--but thinkin' 2:30-3:00--some may want to stay out longer--some may want to return earlier--

Les