Stalk the women's trip? Lane's cove Sunday

Phil Allen

No, we won't be following the women and hiding behind swells. B) As my wife is paddling with the women this Sunday, and we're a one car family, I though I'd see if others wanted to paddle out of Lane's cove this Sunday. I'd envision a level 3 trip heading out around Halibut over to Rockport and then back. Rockplay is always an option, and if interested bring your helmet. Tentative launch time would be 30 minutes after the women's trip to minimize chaos on the beach. Respond here if interested and we'll firm up details closer to the weekend.

Phil

Emilie and I are interested in joining you for at least part of the day. We are looking to put in something on the order of 20 miles with our tandem. The thought is that we would tag along and then keep going further when you turn around. We may do something like a lap around Thatcher, ...depending on where the trip starts.

Phil, do you think the women would notice if we arrived for the trip and we were dressed the part?

B):D

Sir Godfrey,

I was thinking of posting my own trip: "Men-only, above a certain age", but I'm afraid at least one of the women give me a good thrashing.

Phil, do you think the women would notice if we arrived for the trip and we were dressed the part?

B):D

If it was winter and we were in full immersion gear we might get away with it, but thank goodness the water is warm these days. :roll:

Phil

<...I now have a Greenland stick and am not afraid to use it>

Lorrie, I think a sharp-edged "Euro" paddle might be the more potent weapon -- if that <is> what you are implying? En garde! To horse, D'Artagnan! (Oh, am I mixing my scenes? Is this not scene II?) :rolleyes:

<...I now have a Greenland stick and am not afraid to use it>

Lorrie, I think a sharp-edged "Euro" paddle might be the more potent weapon -- if that <is> what you are implying? En garde! To horse, D'Artagnan! (Oh, am I mixing my scenes? Is this not scene II?) :rolleyes:

Euro blades don't make as good of javelins. She might get you before you close for melee.

Emilie

Sunday Lanes cove is on; BiB at 11 am. Weather looks OK, cool and maybe cloudy, Winds N 5-10 in the morning, ESE in the afternoon. At this point we have 4 affirmed and 2 more interested. Plan to head clockwise around Cape Ann towards Rockport and then return.

Phil

We'll see you Sunday! The weather forecast (if it means anything 2 days out) says the weather should be great! ...even if the water will be rather flat.

Sunday: N wind 7 to 9 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers before 7am. Seas around 1 ft.

No, we won't be following the women and hiding behind swells. B) As my wife is paddling with the women this Sunday, and we're a one car family, I though I'd see if others wanted to paddle out of Lane's cove this Sunday. I'd envision a level 3 trip heading out around Halibut over to Rockport and then back. Rockplay is always an option, and if interested bring your helmet. Tentative launch time would be 30 minutes after the women's trip to minimize chaos on the beach. Respond here if interested and we'll firm up details closer to the weekend.

Phil

My Husband and I are interested in joining. I launch time around 11:00?

My Husband and I are interested in joining. I launch time around 11:00?

Claire - Sorry for the abbreviation BiB means buts in boats. So be ready for a beach briefing around 10:50 or so. As I haven't paddled with you before, can you tell me something about you and your husbands paddling level of enjoyment? Do you like throwing yourselves down waves, playing among rocks or the more gentle activity of just moving on the sea? Some of us are likely to spend some time near the rocks but not everyone has to partake. If you do want to play in the rocks or surf, you should plan on wearing a helmet.

Current forecast is mild, with seas 1-2 feet and winds less than 10 kts. Hope to see you all Sunday.

Phil

Claire - Sorry for the abbreviation BiB means buts in boats. So be ready for a beach briefing around 10:50 or so. As I haven't paddled with you before, can you tell me something about you and your husbands paddling level of enjoyment? Do you like throwing yourselves down waves, playing among rocks or the more gentle activity of just moving on the sea? Some of us are likely to spend some time near the rocks but not everyone has to partake. If you do want to play in the rocks or surf, you should plan on wearing a helmet.

Current forecast is mild, with seas 1-2 feet and winds less than 10 kts. Hope to see you all Sunday.

Phil

We've been paddling for about 10 years or so. Pretty casual - mostly costal and big lakes. We've been out of plum island and Ipswich and really love to go out in Casco Bay, Maine in and around the Bath area. We've paddled with a couple friends from time to time, but not in a group. We are looking new places to go and are looking forward to meeting new people too.Waves are great, but we're a little wary of rocks and rough seas. Since we've never done this paddle before, how long of a trip to you estimate?

Sunday Lanes cove is on; BiB at 11 am. Weather looks OK, cool and maybe cloudy, Winds N 5-10 in the morning, ESE in the afternoon. At this point we have 4 affirmed and 2 more interested. Plan to head clockwise around Cape Ann towards Rockport and then return.

Phil

Phil,

I'm in. Will check early am for changes. Thanks.

Bob