AMC Circumnavigate Newcastle July 10

kevinfre

Hi all: This summer I’m dipping my toe in the water (so to speak) as an AMC sea kayak co-leader (I’ve been a hike leader for 6 years). My first listed trip is July 10 and I’m posting it here in case anyone is interested in joining us:

Date: July 10, 2010

Title: Circumnavigate Newcastle, NH

Description: Paddle through inner harbor of Portsmouth and beach at Fort Foster in Kittery, ME for lunch (leader will supply charcoal, bring your own food) and swimming (bring a towel). Return trip will take us along the coast in open water back to Odiorne Point. Launch at 10:00am.

Trip Difficulty: L2

L Rob Nardone

CL Kevin Fredette 978.902.3603, before 9:00 PM or e-mail "kevin_fredette" "at" "comcast" "dot" "net"

Please note that participants in any AMC activity are required to sign a standard liability waiver on the day of the trip. I’ve never seen anyone object to it, but it’s worth mentioning. Also note that we screen potential participants. Most of the active folks in this group are more skilled than me and could normally skip that step. However I could use the experience on my end. It’s nothing too onerous – just a few minutes of questions about gear and recent experience. So if you’re interested in the trip and you don’t mind humoring me with the screening conversation, please get in touch. My contact information is in the listing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi all: This summer I’m dipping my toe in the water (so to speak) as an AMC sea kayak co-leader

Kevin:

A couple of questions. You are launching from Odiorne? You are going through inner harbor and then out and across river and over to Fort Foster and then across mouth of harbor back to Odorine via Little Harbor? Visiting Wood Island? When is ETA for getting back?

Thanks.

Ed Lawson

That's correct, with the exception that Rob & I have not specifically discussed stopping at Wood Island. That would be a possibility depending on conditions, group interest and timing, and pending Rob's agreement. Depending on how long we spend at lunch I would conservatively expect us back at Odiorne around 2:30, plus/minus a half hour.

Kevin