Solstice Paddle Level 3 - June 19th, 10am

GJ Carey

Suz Hutchinson and her motley crew will be meeting at Riverhead Beach Marblehead, Saturday June 19th at 10.00AM sharp to explore Salem Sound. After exiting Marblehead harbor, we will be looking for interesting spots on the various islands and reefs that dot the sound. We will likely lunch on Little Misery (but no guarantees) , and then return in time for the PPPO where will regale anyone dumb enough to listen with tales of sea monsters and daring do!

Please be ready for the beach briefing on at 10AM, dressed appropriately for an open water trip. If you plan on getting up close and personal with rocks, please bring a helmet. Total distance covered will likely be in the 10-14nm range with play along the way.

This year we will likely split into separate pods of no more that 8 paddlers/pod if numbers grow to those in years past.

Look forward to seeing you then.

Suz Hutchinson and her motley crew will be meeting at Riverhead beach at 10.00AM sharp to explore Salem Sound. After exiting Marblehead harbor, we will be looking for interesting spots on the various islands and reefs that dot the sound. We will likely lunch on Little Misery (but no guarantees) , and then return in time for the PPPO where will regale anyone dumb enough to listen with tales of sea monsters and daring do!

Please be ready for the beach briefing at 10AM, dressed appropriately for an open water trip. If you plan on getting up close and personal with rocks, please bring a helmet. Total distance covered will likely be in the 10-14nm range with play along the way.

This year we will likely split into separate pods of no more that 8 paddlers/pod if numbers grow to those in years past.

Look forward to seeing you then.

WOW, sounds like we will be having fun!

Although we won't be asking for RSVP's, please post here if you think you will be planning for the level 3 trip. This will allow the motley crew to multiply and divide as necessary to end up with enough people who know their way around and can help in the event help is necessary on the level 3.

For a good explanation of what each of the levels mean, take a look at this: http://www.nspn.org/paddle_levels.htm

If you are from any of the other local clubs, BSKC, RICKA, CONNYAK, SMSKN, or the Porstmouth Sea Kayak Club (probably have that name wrong...) please feel free to join us on the Solstice paddle but do post that you will be coming so that we have an idea of numbers. OK for one in a group to post on behalf of a car pool of paddlers.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have questions.

Suz

suzanne dot hutchinson at comcast dot net

WOW, sounds like we will be having fun!

:kayak-surfer:

Although we won't be asking for RSVP's, please post here if you think you will be planning for the level 3 trip.

Emilie and I are planning to attend the L3 trip. We will be in our tandem.

Cheers! :smiley_cheers:

Ty

Although we won't be asking for RSVP's, please post here if you think you will be planning for the level 3 trip. This will allow the motley crew to multiply and divide as necessary to end up with enough people who know their way around and can help in the event help is necessary on the level 3.

For a good explanation of what each of the levels mean, take a look at this: http://www.nspn.org/paddle_levels.htm

I'm planning to join you. This will be my first NSPN level 3 trip, and only my third NSPN event. I attended both of the recent moving on the water events.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

-Bill

Sorry for the late reply, but I just got the definitive ok that I do not have to work tomorrow. I will be planning to join this Level 3 trip. This is my first paddle with NSPN. I have been paddling with the Turkeys on the south shore for 3 years and have done plenty of open water trips that meet or exceed your Level 3 guidelines. I'll be car-pooling with another WTP who has been in contact with Sue about this trip.

Thanks for putting on this event. Sounds like it will be fun. I look forward to venturing out North of Boston for a change.

Norm

<I'm looking forward to meeting you all. Bill>

Ah, but you won't be meeting <everyone>! Some of us have to work, so have a good time out there, all!

:D Then I can keep looking forward to meeting everyone, even after Saturday's paddle. :D

I'll probably make it, if I survive tonight (80 14 year old kids in my daughter's party). In any case, the kayak's on top of the car and all the gear's inside.

Wish me luck!

I suppose that might be easier than 14 - 80 year olds!

Hope you make it!

Suz