The next full moon...

Pintail

Forecast looks best for a Friday night event (clear). Saturday night is forecast for cloudy with a chance for meatballs. That said, we're just at the edge of believe-ability for the forecast.

Phil

Yes, certain paddlers (Deb!) are really anxious to have this pinned down, aren't they? Well, Phil is correct in that Saturday pm is looking uncertain, according to NOAA...SHALL we make this trip for Friday instead? Opinions, please.

According to Phil, meatballs (?) are f/c for Saturday night -- we don't want that, now, do we? Friday might be a good idea, if folks can make that one instead...

Bob Budd is correct in that I <was>, indeed, thinking of going out of Lanes Cove again (easy parking; lovely spot, etc.) We do not have to do match our itinerary exactly to the last one, however! The water is getting to be a lovely temperature now.

Yes, certain paddlers (Deb!) are really anxious to have this pinned down, aren't they? Well, Phil is correct in that Saturday pm is looking uncertain, according to NOAA...SHALL we make this trip for Friday instead? Opinions, please.

Friday works for me!

Barry.

According to Phil, meatballs (?) are f/c for Saturday night -- we don't want that, now, do we? Friday might be a good idea, if folks can make that one instead...

Bob Budd is correct in that I <was>, indeed, thinking of going out of Lanes Cove again (easy parking; lovely spot, etc.) We do not have to do match our itinerary exactly to the last one, however! The water is getting to be a lovely temperature now.

Hi,

I won't be able to make a Friday night paddle :( and understand completely if you switch to Friday night because of the weather forecasted for Saturday night.

Katherine

I think we should stay with Saturday night, on further thought -- you never know: the dreaded storms may not manifest themselves or they may go way around us...or they may just peter out!

Let's be positive and keep it Saturday, then, since some people cannot make Friday? If worst comes to worst, we can retire to some local eating place and...eat! There are loads of great restaurants in Gloucester. Shall we meet at Lanes Cove around 1900? (7pm)

If anyone should need to call me: please feel free (978)two-three-9. 33-seven-six.

(Question (not for the professor -- that's John-the-meteorologist-Huth): what three requirements are absolutely necessary for thunderstorm formation?) :D

(Question (not for the professor -- that's John-the-meteorologist-Huth): what three requirements are absolutely necessary for thunderstorm formation?) :D

Earth, wind, and fire, of course. No wait... that's something else, right?

Moonrise: 2046

Low water: 1752 +/-

F/C: SW/5-10, seas 2'. No mention of thunderstorms (ie, threat now passed)

Hoping and expecting to see Hope (HHaff); Rene (Brambor); Al Coons; Katherine; Barry (Bazzert); David McC; Leslie Beale; Deb Dempesey; Liz Neumeier; Marc Parsons; Bob Budd; Sal; maybe the Lawsons...?

I shall be in Lanes Cove a bit before 1900 (7pm).

Sad to say, I'm going to have to back out. I was really looking forward to it! :-(

My hands, especially the right hand, has been tingling since my paddle on Thursday. I've had this happen before, but it usually goes away the following day. Carpal Tunnel? I better take it easy for awhile. Have fun gang!

-David McCaleb

Gosh. Looks like I won't make it. I am stuck at Fast Eddies drive in ,somewhere south od Augusta Maine. I am feeding my partially hypothermic son after a kayak fishing trip experienced a delay. He caught a decent size bass and while he was extricating the hook, the fish took off with the hook and the fishing pole. We chased the pole and the fish until it disappeared. First my kid went into the water to scout the pond bottom. After I noticed him shivering I put jim back into the boat. 20 minutes later I actually spotted the fishing rod in 8 feet of water! The fish was gone

I dove for it and got it. Now you know the rest of the story.

I think we should stay with Saturday night, on further thought -- you never know: the dreaded storms may not manifest themselves or they may go way around us...or they may just peter out!

Let's be positive and keep it Saturday, then, since some people cannot make Friday? If worst comes to worst, we can retire to some local eating place and...eat! There are loads of great restaurants in Gloucester. Shall we meet at Lanes Cove around 1900? (7pm)

If anyone should need to call me: please feel free (978)two-three-9. 33-seven-six.

sorry, didn't mean to start a trend.

i hope you still had a quorum, t'is a shame to miss a full moon.

it certainly looked inviting from here in nevada....

For those of you who couldnt make it you missed another really nice night paddle. If you've never paddled at night I'd highly recommend it. The transition from evening to night is sublime. We had very flat seas, warm waters and virtually no wind. Although cloudy initially it cleared enough later for the full moon to make an appearance. The phosphorescence was particularly active. We were treated on the return trip to no less than 3 fireworks displays at various points on the north shore. Christopher has promised a full trip report so I wont steal his thunder!

Barry.

post-100453-1277653290_thumb.jpg

post-100453-1277653314_thumb.jpg

post-100453-1277653359_thumb.jpg

post-100453-1277653389_thumb.jpg

post-100453-1277653401_thumb.jpg

post-100453-1277653451_thumb.jpg

<sorry, didn't mean to start a trend>

Yep, it was all Jeff Casey's fault! :rolleyes:

I forgot, elsewhere, to mention the fireworks (which we could even <hear>, all the way from query Salisbury and Seabrook area!), plus the luminescence in the water. Neither did I realize you were taking pictures, Barry.

There is a bit of a report up now...