CAM Workshop: "Moving On The Water Part 1" Update.

PeterB

“CAM workshop: Moving On The Water†Part 1

Update:

CAM Paddling Trips orkshop: Moving on the water part 1" update;

We’ll meet at Riverhead Beach, Marblehead at 9AM.

That means ready to paddle: (dressed for the water, boat & gear ready) by 9AM

It’s highly unlikely that there’ll be a change in location, but if there’s some compelling reason to do so (weather/wind s ) we’ll post a message by Friday evening,.

Presenters will be Scott Camlin, Rick Crangle, Galen Carey, Rick Stoehrer Rob Hazard, and Peter Brady.

We will be facilitating/coordinating: there will be other experienced paddlers amongst us whose teaching/leading etc skills will naturally fit into the program: i.e. you’ll become “presenters†too, as the day unfolds. We’ll break into manageable groups , and make sure that there’s a group with a float plan suited to every paddlers expectations, level etc.

Bring what you need to spend the day on the water: boat, spray skirt, paddle, pfd and immersion wear (wetsuit drsuit) are essential.

Water, lunch (unlikely we’ll be back at beach by lunchtime) & sunblock will be needed: consider them safety items.

Beyond that, the other regular items you paddle with are recommended, we’ll sort out from there.

Looking forward to seeing you!

If you still need to RSVP, post here or contact Peter Brady by P.M. here on the message board or pbrady at neaq dot org

“CAM workshop: Moving On The Water†Part 1

Update:

CAM Paddling Trips orkshop: Moving on the water part 1" update;

We’ll meet at Riverhead Beach, Marblehead at 9AM.

That means ready to paddle: (dressed for the water, boat & gear ready) by 9AM

It......

Bring what you need to spend the day on the water: boat, spray skirt, paddle, pfd and immersion wear (wetsuit drsuit) are essential.

Water, lunch (unlikely we’ll be back at beach by lunchtime) ......

Beyond that, the other regular items you paddle with are recommended, we’ll sort out from there.

Looking forward to seeing you!

If you still need to RSVP, post here or contact Peter Brady by P.M. here on the message board or pbrady at neaq dot org

Just to clarify, I presume we will be landing on beaches other than the put-in for breaks, discussions, lunch etc?

Phil

Peter has pretty much covered the basics for the CAM workshop.

I'd like to add a couple of things:

1. Since you'll be in the water with boats around, we'll be asking everyone to wear helmets. I'll bring a few extra if you don't have one.

2. If you're not sure about other equipment, the equipment list on this website is a good place to get your checklist. That said, if you have the basics Peter lists, come on out and as Peter says, we may be able to sort it out.

Also, if you really want to do the workshop but don't have immersion gear (wetsuit/drysuit), don't be afraid to post here asking if anyone can loan you something. I can offer immersion gear for a medium woman and a large man: let me know if you need something.

email is best at scamlin at restructassoc dot com

Scott

Just to clarify, I presume we will be landing on beaches other than the put-in for breaks, discussions, lunch etc?

Phil

Phil,

Yes, most likely. We'll launch assuming that we won't be back at put in until the end ofthe day.

That said, there might well be one group that won't go far, for people with either time constraints or not comfortable in exposed waters, essentially a level 2 paddle, going as far as Dolliber(sp?) cove.

Weather looks good for tomorrow. There will be at least 30 people attending.

FYI, in planning your Saturday morning travel:

From Rte 128 to Marblehead and Riverhead Beach (via rte 114) is deceptively long and tortuous; many little turns, and you go though downtown Salem. Plan enough time for this leg of the journey.

COASTAL WATERS FORECAST

COASTAL WATERS FROM THE MERRIMACK RIVER MA TO WATCH HILL RI OUT TO 25 NM

ANZ200-220015- 843 AM EDT FRI MAY 21 2010

SYNOPSIS FOR MASSACHUSETTS AND RHODE ISLAND COASTAL WATERS... HIGH PRES WILL BUILD OVER THE WATERS TODAY AND SAT. LOW PRES EXTENDING N FROM THE N CAROLINA COAST WILL BRING UNSETTLED WEATHER SUN THEN HIGH PRES MAY RE ESTABLISH ITSELF BEYOND SUN.

ANZ251-220015-

MASSACHUSETTS BAY AND IPSWICH BAY-

843 AM EDT FRI MAY 21 2010

THIS AFTERNOON... NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING E LATE. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

TONIGHT... SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS AROUND 2 FT.

SAT... SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

SAT NIGHT... SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 64. Southeast wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Saturday Night: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 51. Southeast wind between 6 and 10 mph.