Sat 5/15 - show me the NH or S. Maine coast?

Phil Allen

Lorrie's doing her greenland thing between 9 & 3 up at Pawtuckaway State Park. Anybody want to show me the good stuff near Portsmouth between ~10-2:30? Rocks, surf, current or just scenery it's all good. I probably need to be off the water by 2:30.

Phil

Lorrie's doing her greenland thing between 9 & 3 up at Pawtuckaway State Park. Anybody want to show me the good stuff near Portsmouth between ~10-2:30? Rocks, surf, current or just scenery it's all good. I probably need to be off the water by 2:30.

Phil

I'll be in the Greenland "Forward Stroke" class Saturday morning. Why don't we paddle Sunday?

Doug

Ok, so you two are busy. How bout some good suggestions of places to paddle solo for a few hours.

Phil

Phil.

Why not put in at Odiorne State Park in Rye NH at the public boat launch. You can safely paddle in Little Harbor and pop your head out along the breaker and enjoy the Odiorne Park area. You will have no issues with high tide just after 1:00PM. I would join you but will be at a Greenland class in the morning.

Post it, I'm sure someone will join you.

Doug

Ok, so you two are busy. How bout some good suggestions of places to paddle solo for a few hours.

1. Launch from Pierce Island, go down river and do some combination of explore Wood I. area, visit Whaleboat light, follow Newcastle I. around to Little Harbor, go over to Wallis Sands around Odiorne Point, and back by way of Little Harbor and inner harbor. Should encounter adequate current, may encounter adequate surf and rock play spots, and will have some nice things to see and visit. Checking the tide is a good idea for this trip.

2. Launch from Rye Harbor and go up coast to Odirone Point and return. With luck some surf and rock play spots. A nice paddle for an afternoon or so

3. Launch from Ft. Foster or Kittery town dock and circumnavigate Gerish/Cutts Island. Lots of variety on this trip and with luck some surf and rock play spots. Enjoyable on many levels. Checking the tide is a good idea for this trip.

I mention surf, current, and rocks since I suspect that would be of interest to you, but these are nice, enjoyable paddles whether you go for that stuff or not. However, current forecast suggests the sea state would be mellow.

All of these take just a few hours.

Ed Lawson

Hi Phil,

You may want to post to the NE Seacoast Paddlers group as well as most of us are from the NH/ME Seacoast area. I will also be doing the Greenland thing with Lorrie, Doug and others on Saturday.

Neil

Phil,

You could also paddle out of the Kittery Point area on Rt 103 and Bellamy Ln. There is a public boat launch there at Captian Simeon's Gallery & Frisbee's Supermarket. Head east and you have a choice to go up Chauncy Creek or over to Fort Foster which is a really cool area to solo paddle.

Doug