Chebacco Lake Sessions

This year's Thursday evening sessions on Chebacco Lake on Cape Ann will commence on May 20th.

Take Rt 128 to Exit 16, Pine St, Manchester, then turn North, following the road as it turns to dirt. After a mile or so the pavement begins again and the boat ramp will be ahead on your right.

As in years past we will launch just after 5 PM and paddle until sunset.

The sessions are open format. Sometimes we work on rolls and rescues, other times we play silly games on the water, and sometimes we just paddle in circles to sharpen our boat handling skills.

Beginners are welcome, in fact we actively look for new paddlers who want to improve their skills and widen their paddling horizons. If you're eager to ready yourself for open water adventures, this is a GREAT way to begin!

We do request that you bring a suitable boat, PFD, and spray skirt, and that you come prepared to get wet. Early in the season that means a drysuit, at least until the water warms up enough for wetsuits to be comfortable.

See you on the water!

If anyone would like to try out a SUP board at one of the Chebacco sessions just drop me a note and i can bring one.....

rob

Stand Up Paddleboard (big long surfboard shaped thing with a 6+' long paddle.....a new trend catching on....a few people have expressed interest in trying it out and since i live around the corner from Chebacco and paddle there thought it would be good to pass along the fun....

http://vimeo.com/8700963

good stuff.......another great way to get out on the water....

rob

Stand Up Paddleboard (big long surfboard shaped thing with a 6+' long paddle.....a new trend catching on....

Ahhh! I had never seen the TLA before. I had never noticed the sport/boards until I saw pictures of people doing the Blackburn on them. They're more nutty than the big dudes that do it in the huge 500lb bathtubs!

hey...they are a blast!!!! we got a pair for flatwater...no surfing on them for us (rather be in a kayak anyhow).....

we specifically got a pair of rotomolded plastic ones made by Imagine surfboards in Canada.....did not want to deal with epoxy boards..........

awesome workout too (especially for guys - apparently our balance is not as good as womens)

Ahhh! I had never seen the TLA before. I had never noticed the sport/boards until I saw pictures of people doing the Blackburn on them. They're more nutty than the big dudes that do it in the huge 500lb bathtubs!

Tell that to legendary big wave surfer Laird Hamilton:

Laird_Hamilton_Paddle_Surf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I am picking up my new (pre-owned) and first boat on Thursday afternoon and will be at the lake Thursday eveneing, I hope the weather cooperates. I am SOOOO excited! I am also looking forward to getting in my boat this weekend... That's my subtle way of saying "I'm still not confident nor experienced enough to "post a trip" but... I live on Plum Island with a right-of way a short walk from my house..." high tide is at 1:00 on Saturday...

Hope to see a lot of you very soon, I am SO excited!

Katherine

Good day,

Thank you to all of you at last night's lake session. And much appreciation to Rick. You all quelled my initial jitters and I had a fun, confidence-boosting experience.

Saul, my boat made it home okay. Today I will practice putting the tie-downs on correctly and securing my the boat tightly to my car :lol:

Be well, and hope to see you soon,

Katherine

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just wanted to give folks a head's up that I plan on attending the lakes session this Thursday night. Hope to see you there!

Katherine