Marblehead Paddle Rescheduled! This Saturday 4-3

Gillian

In case anyone has been watching the forecast it's going to be in the 70's on Sunday! Ohhh Hurrah! We'll leave out of Deveraux Beach, MBHead at 10:30am (at least it won't be dead low) and paddle to tinkers, around the neck, Dolliber - where ever the group wants to go - pray for rock play and that the forecast will hold! Plan around 4ish hours on the water and bring some lunch - we'll stop somewhere, maybe one of the islands . . .

:cheer:

In case anyone has been watching the forecast it's going to be in the 70's on Sunday! Ohhh Hurrah! We'll leave out of Deveraux Beach, MBHead at 10:30am (at least it won't be dead low) and paddle to tinkers, around the neck, Dolliber - where ever the group wants to go - pray for rock play and that the forecast will hold! Plan around 4ish hours on the water and bring some lunch - we'll stop somewhere, maybe one of the islands . . .

If it is Saturday 4/3/10 I'm tempted! This new deluge of rain however may keep me on the island again i.e. Pelham Island. This time no Duck Boats and since the water will be too high for the School bus they are talking of evacuating the families. Wait till they meet Sasha who has "stranger/danger" issues and they may just leave us on the island and parachute in supplies. Stay tuned to the weather channel. You guys are so lucky you only have beach erosion to worry about; fresh water sucks!

If it is Saturday 4/3/10 I'm tempted! This new deluge of rain however may keep me on the island again i.e. Pelham Island. This time no Duck Boats and since the water will be too high for the School bus they are talking of evacuating the families. Wait till they meet Sasha who has "stranger/danger" issues and they may just leave us on the island and parachute in supplies. Stay tuned to the weather channel. You guys are so lucky you only have beach erosion to worry about; fresh water sucks!

Can't you kayak to the parking lot of the future Stop & Shop and lever your car with the other car's at that location? Towing a canoe full of supplies seems like a munch better way to go than a parachute setup...

-Jason

Can't you kayak to the parking lot of the future Stop & Shop and lever your car with the other car's at that location? Towing a canoe full of supplies seems like a munch better way to go than a parachute setup...

-Jason

Currently the Sudbury is about 11.5 ' flood stage is 10'. There is an abandoned railroad bed to get over to cross over to the future Stop & Shop parking lot where I do have a car parked. If the water continues to rise over the next few days then no problem. I'll probably be padding right across Rt 20 as well. The hydrology charts are predicting 14.5' I hope they are wrong.

Gillian,

Looking good for me on Sat. I guess little better than last week's 20 degrees! Thanks.

Bob