Winchester by kayak

jeffcasey

an unusual tour through downtown Winchester will feature paddling through the depths of Cross St (try to spot the shipwrecked SUVs), through the treacherous rapids of Washington St (whitewater boats may be advised), and finishing up with a scenic tour of the high school. tonight or tomorrow, as conditions permit. watch here for meetup details.

an unusual tour through downtown Winchester will feature paddling through the depths of Cross St (try to spot the shipwrecked SUVs), through the treacherous rapids of Washington St (whitewater boats may be advised), and finishing up with a scenic tour of the high school. tonight or tomorrow, as conditions permit. watch here for meetup details.

Have you though of submitting the details, including put in/take out and rapid info to AW:

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/...mmary/state/MA/

-Jason

Too funny! I was thinking the very same thing when we drove through on sunday. There was whitewater in the fells that you could see from south border road.

Instead I came home and spent the evening pumping out our basement.

Barry.

I live in a unique area in Wayland surrounded by the Sudbury River which since yesterday has been several feet over flood stage. Consequently there exist no roads to or from my house that are not at least 2 feet under water. The good news is the town is running a Duck Boat back and forth for residents affected so they can get to work, school, shopping etc. The kids are thrilled, and the adults amused. Check back a week from now as this gets to be old!

While walking in Lynn Woods I found some of the banks undulating as a sheet of water flowed at once under and over around the matted fall leaves. Elsewhere there were modest waterfalls and many trails have become creeks reaching above the ankle and midcalf. Not sure what brought the woodpeckers out.

Gene, I was in your neck of the woods two days ago, trying to get around the floods in a search for Sudbury -- the river in Wayland must have been a mile wide?! Dramatic, indeed...as for Herr Professor Casey -- try the ocean soon? Come to Gloucester?