Paddling 2/6 or 2/7?

rylevine

It's early, but post here if interested in a trip this weekend. The only constraint is the Haverhill pool session at 5:15 on Saturday, so a Saturday trip would have to end with enough time to drive from the put-in. Should not be a problem if we get off the water around 3 or so. Sunday is open.

Bob

It's early, but post here if interested in a trip this weekend. The only constraint is the Haverhill pool session at 5:15 on Saturday, so a Saturday trip would have to end with enough time to drive from the put-in. Should not be a problem if we get off the water around 3 or so. Sunday is open.

Bob

I'm interested in either day, preferably the one with a better forecast. While I'm on the subject of preferences, and I do share Ed and Kevin's views about self reliance; I'd prefer at least one Libertarian, one graduate of a Rudolf Steiner School, one Board Certified Cardiologist and someone who brings extra brownies.

I'm interested in either day, preferably the one with a better forecast. While I'm on the subject of preferences, and I do share Ed and Kevin's views about self reliance; I'd prefer at least one Libertarian, one graduate of a Rudolf Steiner School, one Board Certified Cardiologist and someone who brings extra brownies.

Gene,

As a dyed in the wool Michigander, I have to confess that I had to look up the Rudolf Steiner School. I can do the brownies.

Bob

QUOTE (Kevin B @ Feb 1 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, the competitive side of me wants a brownie competition! :)

Sounds interesting. A beach brownie competition at 30oF or so (and who knows what wind chill!).

As a dyed in the wool Michigander, I have to confess that I had to look up the Rudolf Steiner School. I can do the brownies.

'Tsokay, as we're all mishigas-ers anyway.

Bob

Had fun up in Seabrook a few weeks back and Ross might be heading that way on Sat. Sound good? We'd be close to Haverhill for the pool session as well.

QUOTE (Kevin B @ Feb 1 2010, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had fun up in Seabrook a few weeks back and Ross might be heading that way on Sat. Sound good? We'd be close to Haverhill for the pool session as well.

I had a good trip there with Ross last December. Nice beaches and sandbar for surfing, and has protected areas as well. Nearby rock island full of seals. Sounds like a plan for Sat. We can confirm or modify as week progresses.

Bob

I had a good trip there with Ross last December. Nice beaches and sandbar for surfing, and has protected areas as well. Nearby rock island full of seals. Sounds like a plan for Sat. We can confirm or modify as week progresses.

Bob

Bob,

Are you thinking BIB time of 11ish?

QUOTE (Kevin B @ Feb 1 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bob,

Are you thinking BIB time of 11ish?

Kevin,

That has been the usual time for winter trips - and usually off the water by around 3:30 or 4:00. To be concise, let's define the trip to be Seabrook BIB 11:00 on Saturday 2/6. Post here if interested or have questions. I'll confirm the trip on Friday, or modify if weather, conditions, or schedule changes.

BTW, how long did it take you to get to Haverhill from Seabrook? I would go directly.

Bob

Hey guys I think that I could do Saturday but I would absolutely have to be off the water and in my car by 2:00. Sunday is also possible with same time constraints.

Ross

Hey guys I think that I could do Saturday but I would absolutely have to be off the water and in my car by 2:00. Sunday is also possible with same time constraints.

Ross

Hi Ross,

http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/secto...ineDay.php#tabs

Both Saturday and Sunday are cold (20-30F) and gusty (~20kts). Sunday has clear sunny skies and somewhat less wave heights than Saturday (to about 3ft). Saturday looks a little rougher - 4ft waves and cloudy skies, but somewhat less gusty. Our plan on either day would be to stay close to shore (similar to our December trip), but I think four or more paddlers would be best. Car by 2 would mean starting earlier than 11, which is OK with me. I'll check postings this afternoon.....

Bob

Maine forecast appears a bit tamer: SAT... N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

Hi Ross,

Both Saturday and Sunday are cold (20-30F) and gusty (~20kts). Sunday has clear sunny skies and somewhat less wave heights than Saturday (to about 3ft). Saturday looks a little rougher - 4ft waves and cloudy skies, but somewhat less gusty. Our plan on either day would be to stay close to shore (similar to our December trip), but I think four or more paddlers would be best. Car by 2 would mean starting earlier than 11, which is OK with me. I'll check postings this afternoon.....

Bob

Hi Ross,

Bob

Need confirmations if it is a go for tomorrow. Right now I think there are two. Will check back around 8 tonight to call it. Looking for two more. Sunday is also a possibility, but will start another topic for it later.

Bob

Need confirmations if it is a go for tomorrow. Right now I think there are two. Will check back around 8 tonight to call it. Looking for two more. Sunday is also a possibility, but will start another topic for it later.

Bob

Saturday's trip is CANCELLED.

Bob

Hi Bob,

In case you wanted to wake up early and head north. .. . but I am planning to BIB at 9AM in Casco Bay tomorrow for 2-3 hours.

rb

Saturday's trip is CANCELLED.

Bob