Simultaneous MITA/NSPN Membership renewal

gyork

Please remind me how I can do this through the NSPN site in one fell swoop, as I just received my E renewal notification from MITA, and would like to take advantage of the dual-member discount. Thanks.

You first have to renew with NSPN then you can us the following link to get the MITA renewal documents http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=5780

-Jason

would like to take advantage of the dual-member discount. Thanks.

The discounted membership is a great deal for NSPN members especially when you consider the discounts from vendors and the annual island guide. If you don't expect to paddle much in Maine, then consider not asking for the annual guide to save MITA some money. If you do paddle much in Maine then one way or the other you are benefiting from the efforts of MITA and I encourage those to contribute a little extra to MITA. As a little tickler to encourage NSPN folks to take advantage of the MITA deal, I believe this year there will be opportunities for MITA members that will enable NSPN/MITA members to explore MITA islands without "rolling their own".

Ed Lawson

I encourage those to contribute a little extra to MITA.

Ed Lawson

Ed's right. Discounts for the sake of discounts are not always the right choice. I spend most of my sea-time in Maine, and will donate extra for the benefits of visiting and camping in sea kayakers' paradise. Still feel there is a benefit to the NSPN/MITA alliance, as shown by the results of MITA's survey indicating most of the island visits are via kayak. Hopefully the NSPN Board will continue to support and promote island stewardship/clean-up as a top priority.

Gary

Ed's right. Discounts for the sake of discounts are not always the right choice. I spend most of my sea-time in Maine, and will donate extra for the benefits of visiting and camping in sea kayakers' paradise. Still feel there is a benefit to the NSPN/MITA alliance, as shown by the results of MITA's survey indicating most of the island visits are via kayak. Hopefully the NSPN Board will continue to support and promote island stewardship/clean-up as a top priority.

Gary

When I renewed last year I renewed at the full MITA price letting them know that I was a NSPN member. That's my plan for this year too.