Gore Website Competition

Suz

Pretty cool competition and a way to earn $5000 for your favorite charity as well as gear. For more info, take a look at this link:

http://community.gore-tex.com/service/open...ore%20Challenge

Win the adventure of a lifetime.

Become a member of our community and enter the Experience More Challenge. Share a memorable outdoor experience with us, and you could win the adventure of your dreams.

What should you enter? First, create an experience that documents an outdoor moment that was particularly meaningful to you, where you were Experiencing More. You could be completing the Seven Summits, crossing the finish line of your first marathon or preparing for a day-long hike with the family. Experiencing More means something different to everyone. Then, select the photo that encapsulates that experience and make it your thumbnail photo and enter it in the contest.

Any photo that receives an average rating of three stars or above will move forward for judging. Our judging panel will be made up of MountainTechs, photo editors and Gore associates. The panel will choose six finalists from those eligible. The finalists will be announced on the site in February 2010 and will receive GORE-TEX® gear. The community will then vote for the Grand Prize Winner. One Grand Prize Winner will be chosen by the community and given the opportunity to design his/her dream experience.

We know that experiencing more in life goes beyond the thrill of the outdoors. That's why the Grand Prize Winner will also be given $5,000 to donate to a Gore outdoor nonprofit partner of their choice.

a direct url to the entire community site (because it is more than just a contest) is:

www.myexperiencemore.com

rob

(corgimas on the above site)

btw: please do not bring up the sore point of the banner running on the home page has kayaking as a section but then a picture of canoers is there.....GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

they decided to not take my input on that (i am one of the moderators & beta breakers in there)...

rob

btw: please do not bring up the sore point of the banner running on the home page has kayaking as a section but then a picture of canoers is there.....GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

they decided to not take my input on that (i am one of the moderators & beta breakers in there)...

rob

I thought the same... dumb picture and why didn't they call the section paddling instead of kayaking?

Suz