Friday, December 4

rylevine

Look's like Friday is good weather day, and on Saturday there is the Holiday Party and rain. Any interest in Tucks, Salem Willows, or South for Friday? Ernie and others have mentioned Boston Harbor again?

If interest, will check sea state.

Bob

Bob,

I'm interested in either Tuck's or Dead Horse at the Willows. What's South?

Gene,

Forest River in Salem (I could check about parking availability - which I think is open now), Deveroix or Dolliver(?) in Marblehead, Kings in Swampscott/Lynn, and Deer Island for Boston Harbor. However, I'm fine with either Tuck's or Dead Horse....they never fail as good launching spots.

Bob

Gene,

Forest River in Salem (I could check about parking availability - which I think is open now), Deveroix or Dolliver(?) in Marblehead, Kings in Swampscott/Lynn, and Deer Island for Boston Harbor. However, I'm fine with either Tuck's or Dead Horse....they never fail as good launching spots.

Bob

Bob,

FYI, FRP is open for parking.

Look's like Friday is good weather day, and on Saturday there is the Holiday Party and rain. Any interest in Tucks, Salem Willows, or South for Friday? Ernie and others have mentioned Boston Harbor again?

If interest, will check sea state.

Bob

Tucks Point Manchester is right for me. Slight problem ... not sure if I can make it by 11:00. For sure by noon ... I could catch up if I knew where to head ... could use VHF 72 or cell phone to communicate.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Dec 3 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bob,

FYI, FRP is open for parking.

Thanks Kevin, that's what I thought. FRP is great if you want to 'ramp up' into conditions via rounding Marblehead. However, looks like by 10:30 there will only be 2-3 ft waves and 10knots east winds (gusts to 20) . Winds lessening as day progresses. I think we can go from anywhere. Any preferences?

http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/secto...ineDay.php#tabs

Bob

Tuck's Point is more convenient for us non-Salemites.

Gene,

Let's launch from Tuck's point. What time is good for everyone? If we leave before 12, we should agree on a route to tell Leon beforehand.

Bob

We could meet at 11:00AM BIB 11:30AM and go toward Gloucester and play in the rocks anywhere between Gales Point and Singing Beach. HT is around noon so Leon could peek through the rocks (Gales Point) and call via 72 to rendezvous.

We could meet at 11:00AM BIB 11:30AM and go toward Gloucester and play in the rocks anywhere between Gales Point and Singing Beach. HT is around noon so Leon could peek through the rocks (Gales Point) and call via 72 to rendezvous.

OK Gene, BIB at 11:30. An hour later than the usual 10:30 should have calmer seas.