Pavillion to Fox Creek / Essex Bay / Cranes oceanside

Doug

It's wonderful to see the eye of an artist at work among the usual kayaking photos. Many of these would not be out of place in a Newbury St. gallery.

Real sorry to have missed this one. I'll be there next time.

#33's the winner.

Thanks.

Doug,

Happened to wander into a photo exhibit of Globe photojournalists et al at a showing at DORIAN COLOR LABS in Arlington. They're highlighting some newly unearthed stuff of Ted Williams, as well showcasing classic stuff for a fundraiser. They also show/sell photos of other local pros, wherein I saw a much less interesting one very similar to your #33.

So I grabbed the friendly "curator", found a computer, and showed her this group of yours.

She was MUCH impressed, and would welcome contact from you. Ha!

What surprised me though is that even the more mundane shots showing paddlers with backgrounds or average water imagery were appreciated. These are the more typical photos that I assumed would be of interest to only the paddlers involved, as we see this beautiful scenery every time we paddle. But apparently most folks are NOT blessed as such, and find the majority of these photos captivating. Wow....

I suggest that if you have other favorites to share, and/or are looking for a high-end but friendly printer they'd welcome your interest.

Ern

Doug,

Happened to wander into a photo exhibit of Globe photojournalists et al at a showing at DORIAN COLOR LABS in Arlington. They're highlighting some newly unearthed stuff of Ted Williams, as well showcasing classic stuff for a fundraiser. They also show/sell photos of other local pros, wherein I saw a much less interesting one very similar to your #33.

So I grabbed the friendly "curator", found a computer, and showed her this group of yours.

She was MUCH impressed, and would welcome contact from you. Ha!

What surprised me though is that even the more mundane shots showing paddlers with backgrounds or average water imagery were appreciated. These are the more typical photos that I assumed would be of interest to only the paddlers involved, as we see this beautiful scenery every time we paddle. But apparently most folks are NOT blessed as such, and find the majority of these photos captivating. Wow....

I suggest that if you have other favorites to share, and/or are looking for a high-end but friendly printer they'd welcome your interest.

Ern

Thanks Ern, I'll check it out.

Doug

I've done this trip many times and so when it was posted for Saturday I wasn't too tempted. Besides I was planning a Sunday trip and usually can't do two trips back to back. I'm always aware of the beauty inherent in this area but I have to say Doug's pictures are a special revelation. It's as if he sees so much more than we mere mortals do. Thanks Doug for always showing me what I've missed whether I was there or not.