Sunday 11/22/09 Tuck's Point

Gcosloy

Meet 10:30AM BIB 11:00AM, off the water 3:30PM Should be nice day. Cold weather clothes necessary. I'll be wearing my Super Nova Semi dry with full body fleece insulation, Neoprene Pogies and Neoprene Mucklucks. Will carry storm Cag on deck in dry bag as well. Neoprene cap in day hatch at the ready. If you can stay warm, paddling this time of year can be wonderful. RSVP here.

Meet 10:30AM BIB 11:00AM, off the water 3:30PM Should be nice day. Cold weather clothes necessary. I'll be wearing my Super Nova Semi dry with full body fleece insulation, Neoprene Pogies and Neoprene Mucklucks. Will carry storm Cag on deck in dry bag as well. Neoprene cap in day hatch at the ready. If you can stay warm, paddling this time of year can be wonderful. RSVP here.

I'm pleased to be first in line.

I would love to join if my kids won't want to paddle that morning.

But you're ALWAYS first in line!

I might join ya too.

Ern

Gene,

I plan to attend.

Bob

Gene,

I hope to be joining you.

I might have considered joining you; but at 1400 there is to be a showing of "The Cove" here at Cape Ann Community Cinema to benefit The Ocean Alliance, who have taken over the old Paint Factory. This movie was an award-winner at Sundance earlier this year and has taken awards elsewhere, too. The Ocean Alliance are a most worthy organisation, concerning themselves with education and oceanic pollution...

(Now, you want me to re-write all this in latin? See elsewhere a discussion re Valley's website)

Have fun, you lot! :D

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Nov 20 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gene,

Just saw your trip...didn't mean to try to preempt your with my post. What's your plan? Heading towards Gloucester or in a different direction?

Kevin-Based on the current forecast for NE winds the plan will be to head toward Gloucester.(That could change however if the forecast changes.) Should be plenty of rocks going or coming back. Hope you can join us.

Amazing how fast things can change. First I try on my new GMER just arrived after six weeks of waiting. Then one ladder mishap, 13 forehead stitches, and one sprained ankle after my post a few hours back, and I won't be joining you, per doctor's orders.

I argued that saline solution would be good for it. She countered with 'yes but NOT all the little critters that live IN that solution. I was too foggy and slow to come up with a counter-counter.

So enjoy some rocks for me.

Warning: beware aluminum feet on wet TREX decking.

Amazing how fast things can change. First I try on my new GMER just arrived after six weeks of waiting. Then one ladder mishap, 13 forehead stitches, and one sprained ankle after my post a few hours back, and I won't be joining you, per doctor's orders.

I argued that saline solution would be good for it. She countered with 'yes but NOT all the little critters that live IN that solution. I was too foggy and slow to come up with a counter-counter.

Oooof----not nice. Hope you don't have too bad a case of racoon eyes.

I'll be joining the fun Sunday AM

Tom

Sounds like a candidate for the "Hard Knocks" award to me.

Bill

one ladder mishap, 13 forehead stitches, and one sprained ankle after my post a few hours back, and I won't be joining you, per doctor's orders.

Sounds like a candidate for the "Hard Knocks" award to me.

Wait!! I've finally emerged from my injury-induced fog, and now clearly recall the REAL events that caused my injury. Allow me to set the record straight once and for all.

I was 3 miles offshore, circling the Gooseberries, when I was suddenly broadsided by a towering rogue wave, and capsized. Before I could roll up, the pectoral fin of this pesky shark which had been circling for the past 20 min. grazed my forehead with the equivalent of 50 grit sandpaper moving at 6 knots. Good thing I was able to roll up before the blood began to flow. Safe back on shore, in my haste to get out of my boat, I sprained my ankle. And now I have this beaut of a scar as living proof of my very close encounter with the jaws of death.