Source for vinyl non slip protective tape?

jason

I now have a new boat to outfit before putting it on the water and scraping it up.

I am looking for a source for vinyl non slip protective tape? I am thinking of black or clear tape.

As for the width what do people suggest 3" or 4"?

Thanks -Jason

What did you get?

I have some clear paint on Durabak stuff sitting in a closet if you're interested...

I ordered a custom P&H Quest this summer as the Shadow isn't doing well as the original kevlar that is left is very delicate.

The boat has a custom heavy version with extra glass, glass reinforced seams and a kevlar keel strip.

Did you use the Durabak on your boat? I would love to see picture.

-Jason

Check your yellow pages for auto body repair suppliers. They sell the tape I use on my boats. Details and pics are on the second page of my Deck Rigging album at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/brian_nystrom-reg

Brian,

Thanks, I have seen that page a number of times over the years, your and other pictures is what has inspired me to do it.

When I was searching the message board archives for a part number I found links to your page a number of times, some of them with direct links to your pictures, the direct links no longer work.

What width tape do you recommend? I was also hoping to just order a roll of it online, thus I was hoping for a brand name or even better a part number.

Thanks -Jason

Did you use the Durabak on your boat? I would love to see picture.

-Jason

I have yet to use it the Durabak, should bust it out for some outfitting day and see how it works. I put a regular glass keel strip on the bottom of the Shadow, that looks good, and seems to be taking some of the impact. I just don't get that boat close to rocks very often...

On another topic, the new Point 65 Whiskey 18 is looking like a good contender for a big boy boat as well...

Brian,

Thanks, I have seen that page a number of times over the years, your and other pictures is what has inspired me to do it.

When I was searching the message board archives for a part number I found links to your page a number of times, some of them with direct links to your pictures, the direct links no longer work.

Webshots has made some changes over the years that might explain why direct links don't work. The link to the main site hasn't changed.

What width tape do you recommend? I was also hoping to just order a roll of it online, thus I was hoping for a brand name or even better a part number.

I used 4" tape, but it's really up to you. It worked fine for me, but it doesn't conform to compound curves as well as narrower tape does, which is something to consider.

In the captions of the first photo of the red boat, I have the brand and part number of the product I used. It's Prostripe Black Tread tape (part# R82403).

I picked up a role of 2" TrimBrite at PepBoys a little over a year ago for one of my boats.

My new Force 5 Cat I covered some of the hull and deck with 3M Invisible Bra material used on cars. However, NOT cheap stuff! The plastic helps prevent stone chips on car hoods, e tc and actaully works, but very expensive.

I picked up a roll of TrimBrite Clear Bodyguard Part # T9020 size 5 7/8 X 12 feet at Pepboys I think for $20. I'll put it on mCat in the spring. I jsut did a gOOGLE SEARCH FOR THE tRIMbRITE cLEAR bODYGAURD pART #T9020 finding a lot of links.

I picked up a role of 2" TrimBrite at PepBoys a little over a year ago for one of my boats.

My new Force 5 Cat I covered some of the hull and deck with 3M Invisible Bra material used on cars. However, NOT cheap stuff! The plastic helps prevent stone chips on car hoods, e tc and actaully works, but very expensive.

I picked up a roll of TrimBrite Clear Bodyguard Part # T9020 size 5 7/8 X 12 feet at Pepboys I think for $20. I'll put it on mCat in the spring. I jsut did a gOOGLE SEARCH FOR THE tRIMbRITE cLEAR bODYGAURD pART #T9020 finding a lot of links.

I Jason, A couple of years ago I purchased a new Avocet. I covered the entire deck with 8 mil clear film by 3M. I bought it at stickercity.com & it cost a little over $100. It was worth it. This boat has been through 'the wars' & the deck is like new. Chuck