THURSDAY Tuck's Point

subaruguru

Forecast is for perhaps the last great summery day this fall, so I'd like to put in at Tuck's Point at 11AM, perhaps heading NE towards Gloucester to chase the foliage views unless the SSW winds suggest a possible repeat of yesterday's delightful paddle chasing the seals in another Miseries/Gooseberries/Breakers run.

Wetsuits should be fine, as water's mid-50s, air projected to be high 60s...even warmer than yesterday!

Ern

Forecast is for perhaps the last great summery day this fall, so I'd like to put in at Tuck's Point at 11AM, perhaps heading NE towards Gloucester to chase the foliage views unless the SSW winds suggest a possible repeat of yesterday's delightful paddle chasing the seals in another Miseries/Gooseberries/Breakers run.

Wetsuits should be fine, as water's mid-50s, air projected to be high 60s...even warmer than yesterday!

Ern

I might be interested.

Leon, Lisa and also Tom H confirmed. David, since you're not sure, I'll probably arrange to carpool with Tom.

Ern

The winds are predicted to be mostly from the SSW. This conflicts with rule #1: Never return with the wind in your face if you can help it! Also I'm currently in mourning over a broken kayak. Yesterday's rough landing was costly: a crack into the glass which requires patching from the inside as well as cosmetic work on the outside. Anyway if I show it will be hoping to paddle into the wind for the launch and hope to benefit from the wind on the return leg, in my Explorer.

Forecast is for perhaps the last great summery day this fall, so I'd like to put in at Tuck's Point at 11AM

It sounds too good to pass up, I'll try to make it also. Is parking at Tucks (in the usual under-the-trees area) tolerated now that it's off-season?

And Gene, sorry to hear about the mishap!

Ernie, please make clear -- MEET at 11:00 or PUT IN at 11:00?

--David.

I've learned from my elders that it's ARRIVE at 11:00-11:05, BIB 11:30-11:35, usually followed by a spirited discussion between Leon and Gene re destination, then a launch with no clear destination decided until group consensus forms later. True CAM....

Ernie, please make clear -- MEET at 11:00 or PUT IN at 11:00?

--David.

David, we meet at 11:00.

Gene, if the winds are strong we'll pick a direction to avoid paddling back into the wind.

Scott, park way in the back of Tucks (the police haven't been ticketing so far).