Tuesday 10/20/09

Gcosloy

Tuesday the temperature warms up and the seas settle down to maybe 3' surf predicted by Magicseaweed. (That's Nahant.) Should be some nice rollers off the dry breakers and some action coming through House and Ram and the Miseries. Meet at 11:00AM Tuck's Point and paddle out for a combo of rocks/surf and straight ahead paddling.

Tuesday the temperature warms up and the seas settle down to maybe 3' surf predicted by Magicseaweed. (That's Nahant.) Should be some nice rollers off the dry breakers and some action coming through House and Ram and the Miseries. Meet at 11:00AM Tuck's Point and paddle out for a combo of rocks/surf and straight ahead paddling.

I'm in (unless a plane lands on me while casually paddlng the Hudson or Harlem rivers Sunday).

So far so good.

Ern

I'm in (unless a plane lands on me while casually paddlng the Hudson or Harlem rivers Sunday).

Hey Biff,

The closest forecast I could get for tomorrow is NY Harbor:

SUN

N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT. WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.

RAIN. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM. TIDAL DEPARTURES OF 2 TO 2 1/2 FT EXPECTED

DURING HIGH TIDE IN THE MORNING.

While you may not get 4 ft. waves in the Hudson you should get a lot of wind. I bet they shorten the race! Good luck!

Hey Biff,

The closest forecast I could get for tomorrow is NY Harbor:

SUN

N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT. WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.

RAIN. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM. TIDAL DEPARTURES OF 2 TO 2 1/2 FT EXPECTED

DURING HIGH TIDE IN THE MORNING.

While you may not get 4 ft. waves in the Hudson you should get a lot of wind. I bet they shorten the race! Good luck!

If I'm reading this right I only hope the waves tomorrow in the lower Hudson are only 4 ft.

See: http://www.tide-forecast.com/locations/130...orecasts/latest