This weekend

Gcosloy

Both days look crummy, however the NOAA forecast for Sunday is better than Saturday. Like to go out somewhere on the North Shore, Salem, Beverly, Lanes or Gloucester. RSVP with interest and we'll decide. :dennis:

Sunday. Graves Lighthouse?

Hate to be contrary but I don't adore the Deer Island put-in. Over a rock wall and since LT is about 6PM we will be fighting the ebb tide coming back into the harbor and a longish carry back to that wall. Wind is forecast N changing to WN in the afternoon so no real whoop there either.

How about Lanes Cove? There are a myriad of destinations from there.

Hate to be contrary but I don't adore the Deer Island put-in. Over a rock wall and since LT is about 6PM we will be fighting the ebb tide coming back into the harbor and a longish carry back to that wall. Wind is forecast N changing to WN in the afternoon so no real whoop there either.

How about Lanes Cove? There are a myriad of destinations from there.

City point is always a great place to launch at any tide.

-Jason

City point is always a great place to launch at any tide.

-Jason

Compromise: Launch from City Point tour some of the outer harbor islands finish at Boston Light and return around some of the islands we missed. That's about 15mi. Going all the way to the Graves as well would clock over 20mi. Possibility too!

Compromise: Launch from City Point tour some of the outer harbor islands finish at Boston Light and return around some of the islands we missed. That's about 15mi. Going all the way to the Graves as well would clock over 20mi. Possibility too!

Hey this is fun I didn't know you could reply to yourself. Maybe I will change my handle to "solipsist".

No one has responded to my suggestion so I'm out. I'll be paddling in an undisclosed location tomorrow. Have fun wherever you decide to go! If this sounds like sour grapes, it's not-I just don't want to go to the Graves tomorrow, not that there is anything wrong with that!

For others reading this thread, the Deer Island put-in does not require carrying over a stone wall. Instead there is a walk of a similar length to that at (the now unavailable) Tucks Pt across sand. There are no tide issues there either.

For others reading this thread, the Deer Island put-in does not require carrying over a stone wall. Instead there is a walk of a similar length to that at (the now unavailable) Tucks Pt across sand. There are no tide issues there either.

Bob, Tried to send you this as a PM, but it's blocked....

Hi Bob,

After telcons last night with David L and Barry I thought you were joining us at Mosconomo this morning at 10:30. I also suggested to Leon and Gene, who're paddling out of Tuck's Point at 11 to perhaps put in a bit early to join up as we pass by.

Are you on an earlier trip idea off the Deer Island causeway?

Barry and I will head to Mosconomo, although Tuck's would be better given the possibility of a muddy slog upon taking out.

RSVP.

Ern

781 483-3922 'til 9:15; 781 526-3860 cell if battery ok.

As usual Mr. Budd is right, I stand corrected;there are no tide issues at Deer Island. the laws of nature are suspended in this area and water never changes in height and current and ebb are non-existent. Perhaps in Mr. Budd's universe, not in mine.

Bob, Tried to send you this as a PM, but it's blocked....

Hi Bob,

After telcons last night with David L and Barry I thought you were joining us at Mosconomo this morning at 10:30. I also suggested to Leon and Gene, who're paddling out of Tuck's Point at 11 to perhaps put in a bit early to join up as we pass by.

Are you on an earlier trip idea off the Deer Island causeway?

Barry and I will head to Mosconomo, although Tuck's would be better given the possibility of a muddy slog upon taking out.

RSVP.

Ern

781 483-3922 'til 9:15; 781 526-3860 cell if battery ok.

Too many Tuck(s) Points to me, I thought there were just two. Too bad,

As usual Mr. Budd is right, I stand corrected;there are no tide issues at Deer Island. the laws of nature are suspended in this area and water never changes in height and current and ebb are non-existent. Perhaps in Mr. Budd's universe, not in mine.

Gene, calm thyself, eh?

I think Bob means on the EAST side of the causeway, where one can walk around the wall nor have to hobble over rocks. Maybe it's less muddy at low tide?

The east side of the causeway is a sandy walk to the beach. More beach at low tide, I've never seen mud there though may not have landed at low tide during a full moon. A couple years back there was a matress left along the way allowing you to rest whilst carrying boats. Also gives a last look at the conditions before departing as opposed to the protected west side with an admittedly shorter walk over the stone wall to the beach.