Isles of Shoals Thurs. (9/17/09)

leong

Assuming the forecast doesn't change, as of now the weather looks good (according to Graphical Forecast) for a paddle out to the Isles of Shoals on Thurs. (9/17/09) …

Wave height is 3 feet or less and wind is 8 knots or less from the Northeast than East

Would leave from Rye Harbor. BIB time is 10:30. Post your interest here or contact me at leon dot g at verizon dot net.

I'm a maybe. Only if this is not in preparation for the Mayor's Race. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Mayor's Cup. shmayor's cup, no matter who goes I plan to be the slowest paddler out to the isles (hopefully this won't pertain at the actual Mayor's Cup New York City Kayak Championships ... Barton and Chalupski brothers, are you listening?!).

I can't go :-(

But would you please take a picture for me of the "garden" on Appledore Island, if you go there and can find it?

Also, be sure to take advantage of the fine dining facilities on Smuttynose. Here is a reminder photo:

PICT0032.JPG

And remember to use the beach next time, as parking is very limited on the cliff:

PICT0027.JPG

Thanks!

Lisa

(ps more photos HERE)

Assuming the forecast doesn't change, as of now the weather looks good (according to Graphical Forecast) for a paddle out to the Isles of Shoals on Thurs. (9/17/09) …

Wave height is 3 feet or less and wind is 8 knots or less from the Northeast than East

Would leave from Rye Harbor. BIB time is 10:30. Post your interest here or contact me at leon dot g at verizon dot net.

Latest forecast is for more wind and four foot waves.

Trip is cancelled.